2,765 results
All reviewstimes squarenew yorkhell's kitchenindoor poolintrepid museumminute walkcentral parklincoln tunnelthe penthousefew blocksgood sizetwo double bedsstayed here for nightsrestaurant rowper daysuperior roomroom was large
Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here for four nights in march. We went for my birthday and fully enjoyed our stay.
The hotel was just right for us. It's set back away from all the hustle of the city noise but not too far away where you have to walk a great distance to the attractions. 5 min walk to times square, Broadway and a subway station. Ten walk to Rockefeller center, and 15 min walk to central park.
The hotel itself is kept clean and the staff are friendly and helpful. The room was huge. We had a king size exec suite which was cleaned daily. It has a tex mex restaurant on site which we only used once but was fair priced and the food was good quality. Not much choice we thought but what we had was very nice and the waitress made us so welcome. We didn't use the pool so can't comment on that but others we spoke to said it was great. The only negative we could say about the hotel was not much soundproof with the rooms. We could hear tv sets in other rooms, people talking in the rooms next door and cars outside. We were on the 7th floor too. But I would not let this stop us from coming back.
We used the deli across the road for most things. Breakfast everyday, drinks, snacks and the staff there were fantastic.
All in all we would definitely stay here again. It was a perfect price we thought and a very relaxed hotel

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dcfcsanke
MARK H, General Manager at Skyline Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Thank you for pointing out about how friendly you found the staff of the hotel. You perfectly described the great points about the hotel and its location.

Reviewed 20 March 2018

Price was cheaper than other comparable hotels. The room was good, nothing crazy. The TV quality was sort of bad. You also had to pay for wifi which sucked, but the low price made it worth it. Everybody who worked at the hotel who I talked to was very nice and professional.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
3  Thank Joey C
MARK H, General Manager at Skyline Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2018

I appreciate your review and next time you have an opportunity to stay, you will find a whole new TV programing that will be installed next week.

Reviewed 19 March 2018

Long review alert: My family and I stayed at this hotel for five nights in March 2018. My initial interactions with the reservation staff (Victor and another lady-don't recall her name) were very helpful after we needed to change our reservations to add a day (due to an incoming snowstorm where we live) and change our original room (2 queen room to a Junior Suite). They were friendly and accommodating. I asked for a room away from the elevators because we were traveling with our special needs child. We arrived at the hotel at 11:30 at night. The man at the front desk was helpful, he told us where to park and gave us our room keys.

The parking attendant in the attached garage was rude to my husband when he asked about the parking. The attendant had misplaced someone's key and was flustered and proceeded to make my husband wait for almost 15 minutes (not an employee of the hotel-but they contract out parking at a $10 a day for small cars, $20 a day for SUV's. Also note: it's a park and leave your car for your whole stay-no in/out or you pay the daily rate which is very expensive).

We walked down a hallway to arrive at the elevators which took us to our room 343. It was as requested-away from the elevators. As we exited the elevators, there was a man standing at the hallway entrance to get to our room and as we passed him, there were two other men exiting a room and the person inside the room was loud and there was a very strong smell of marijuana in the hallway. My child kept asking what the smell was and we encouraged him to just proceed to the room. It was a bit unnerving and we all felt uncomfortable about the safety/security of the place. Given that it was late, we decided we would deal with it in the morning.

The room (junior suite) itself was 'ok'. I found a bottle cap and wrapper on the floor near the beds-the floor had not been vacuumed properly, there were dirty fingerprints on the desk in the bedroom and there was dust, stains on the wood furniture where drinks had been spilled and not wiped up properly. A throw pillow had a white stain on it and we took them off and put them to the side. The beds were clean and comfortable and the bathroom was also clean. It had minor cosmetic issues, but it was clean. The separate seating area was ok, the table in there also had stains and the glass doors that separate the main room from it had no handles on the doors to close or curtains to provide privacy/quiet.

That night, there was also a lot of noise in the hallways but we were tired and did our best to ignore it. The next morning we considered leaving the hotel but decided we would talk to the front desk/management to discuss options.

I went to the front desk in the morning and spoke with a lady, who was cordial but did not respond well to my concerns. When I told her about the marijuana smell, her response was "we can't control what guests bring or do in the hotel". She did ask what room it was, but I was not sure the exact number as I was more concerned about getting to my room with my child and being safe. I also told her that the room was not very clean and told her about the stain on the pillow and her response was to tell me that if I had a sheet in my house that was dirty, I wouldn't just throw it away, and sometimes people are picky. I think she could see that I was not happy with that response and backtracked and proceeded to tell me that she understands that it is different in a hotel. I was upset, but I didn't want to lash out. She said she would have the maid service come and clean the room and have someone check out the smell (which was gone by morning). She then asked if I wanted to change rooms. At this point, I told her I would ask my husband as he was still sleeping and said that we would need a better room that was clean and also away from the elevators or we would leave the hotel (expecting no other charge beyond our first night).

We ended up with a room upgrade to Room 642. This room was much better than the original room. It was clean, had two king beds in one room and the second area was much more spacious than the junior suite. My guess is that this room is a family suite. So, if you are going to travel to this hotel, you might want to ask for this room or a room that is similar. The beds were clean, comfortable and as expected.

Other fyi's....Wifi is free in the hotel lobby, but you have to pay $2.95 per device per day if you want wifi in your room. This is a pain. Why not just offer free wifi throughout the whole hotel?

There is a small fridge in the room, and ice bucket and some plastic cups. There are no coffee makers in the room or even coffee in the lobby.

Pool hours are limited: 7-10am and 5-10pm (some variations depending on the day) The pool area is warm, the staff there was friendly and will bring you towels that you can use. It is located on the penthouse floor.

Fitness room: The facilities are "ok", the elliptical machines are old and noisy, the rest of the equipment is alright.

Noise levels: It's New York and you will hear noise, but it wasn't too bad where we were away from 10th street. Unfortunately, there were guests that were VERY noisy in the halls after midnight. One family let their kids run up and down the hall during the late hours, which was loud and I ended up talking to them after the second night. Then there was a group of guests that decided to keep going back and forth between their rooms (across from each other) and they were quite loud. On one of the nights, we smelled marijuana again this time it seemed to be coming through the vents. Overall, I understand that the hotel cannot control what their guests do, but they should have their security patrol the hallways more often and ask guests to keep the noise levels at a minimum and if they find people smoking, then ask those guests to leave.

Another note, it seems that the hotel rents rooms to homeless or those from a shelter. While sitting in the lobby one day we witnessed two police taking a man and crying child out of the hotel. Another day, one lady with a baby and toddler was fighting with her boyfriend, screaming obscenities for over 10 minutes while we were waiting for a bus.

Conceirge was helpful. Check out was ok..check your bill ours was incorrect, but they corrected with no issue. Staff was overall friendly and helpful.

If we return to this area again, we probably would try another hotel. If you are looking for a hotel that is reasonably priced, in a good location and you aren't spending a lot of time at the hotel, this may be an option for you.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the elevators.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Carol Ann M
MARK H, General Manager at Skyline Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2018

We do have security patrolling the hallways, but unfortunately, it seems many people have decided to smoke pot today. I am glad we moved you to a better situated room.

Regards,

Reviewed 5 March 2018

The hotel is quite comfortable and reasonably priced. The staff is friendly and accommodating. It's near many good restaurants and within an easy walk of many of the Broadway theaters. We'd go back there again.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
MARK H, General Manager at Skyline Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2018

Great to hear that you found the staff and accommodations perfect.

Reviewed 5 March 2018

I spent a couple of nights here before travelling on. Everything was ok. Nice staff and good beds. Not far to the from subway or Central Park. I wouldn't mind stay there again if I come to NewYork. The surroundings were very quiet and you weren't disturbed from the traffic.

Stayed: July 2017
1  Thank OweHo

Thank you for your positive coments on your recent stay.