“pleasantly surprised” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #38 of 467 Hotels in New York City
nallen82
“pleasantly surprised”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Iroquois for one night-Valentine's Day; I was in NY for business. Small but charming lobby, and very pleasant front desk help. We were upgraded to the James Dean Suite and it was lovely. Two rooms, not huge but comfortable. Flat screen TV with HD. Very comfortable bed. My only complaint is that the pedestal sink needs to be replaced with a vanity that provides space for women's toiletries. There was no place to put my makeup out. I mentioned this to the front desk clerk who said that other guests have said the same thing.
Location is mid-town, near theater, and for me, near my appointments-folks working in financial services. Easy to walk to many places.

Room Tip: Like all NY hotel rooms, ask about view being out to the street or interior (dark). Floor matters be...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank nallen82
IroquoisFrontDesk, Manager at The Iroquois New York, responded to this review, 27 February 2012
Thank you for sharing your feedback on our property. I'm pleased that you found the room comfortable and thank you for your suggestion of the sink situation. We are constantly trying to better accommodate our guests and such recommendations are very helpful. Thank you again!
Kelli Phillips, Assistant Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (368)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Winston-Salem, NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2012

I last reviewed the Iroquois in 2006. Six years later I can say that the hotel continues its high standards. The hotel is intimate and has the ambiance of a private club. The hotel is over 100 years old, yet it has many modern touches such as free wi-fi, updated bathrooms and luxurious linens. Be sure to dine at the Triomphe restaurant as it is one of the best restaurants in NYC. Service is impecable and the location could not be better. The Iroquois is always my first choice in Manhattan. It should be your's too.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank NCtraveller01
I'm thrilled to hear that you returned to stay with us this year and enjoyed this stay just as much as the last! Thank you for sharing! Warm Regards, Kelli Phillips Assistant Front Office Manager
Tempe, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2012

My stay at this hotel is a great example of how the reviews from this site are very helpful in vacation planning.

After reading many satisfied reviews for this property and seeing their competitive rates for my President's Day weekend to NYC, I booked with the Iroquois.

I took the advice of several reviewers and joined the hotel's "Gold Guest" program prior to my arrival. After joining, I received a couple of friendly messages from the Iroquois staff, welcoming me to the program and asking me some preferences for my room and tastes.

After checking in, all those preferences were granted. I was on an upper level floor, there were chocolate truffles, sparkling water & a bottle of red wine, all compliments of the hotel. It was a great start to my stay. Additionally, the staff at the front desk upgraded my basic room to a deluxe queen compliments of the hotel. Whatever their reason for the free upgrade, I appreciated the gesture and I thank tripadvisor reviewers for their advice.

What most comes to mind when thinking of the Iroquois is the value. Along with the welcome gifts, you get free wireless internet in your room. There is a business center (library) that allows you to use their computers and printers free of charge. You get a daily newspaper... even the Sunday NY Times, free. Plus, the little things like the morning coffee in the lobby and hotel apple cider in the evening... and the milk chocolate on the pillows they do at evening turn-down. These gestures by the hotel greatly enhanced my stay and, in my opinion, made the Iroquois the best value in town... Like no other I have experienced in NYC.

I compliment the Iroquois management on the way they run their hotel. It was a pleasure to stay there and I surely will return for future visits.

Room Tip: Join the Gold guest program and fill out your preferences.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
6 Thank elsal
IroquoisHotel, General Manager at The Iroquois New York, responded to this review, 24 February 2012
Good morning Elsal,

I wanted to take a moment to thank you for your kind words shared about your experience at the Iroquois New York. I have shared your comments with all staff and this is truly a great motivator for all employees at the Iroquois to continue to strive to exceed all guests' expectations.
Our goal is to provide great service and value for everyone that chooses to stay at the Iroquois. Our Gold Guest program is a fantastic complimentary membership program and I am happy to hear you have joined. Our newsletter will be out soon with some great values.
Thank you again for sharing your experience and we look forward to your return visit!
Robert Holmes
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

My wife and I stayed here for a long weekend on the 2nd February.

We normally stay at the Sofitel next door for our New York jaunts but fancied a change (and the Iroquois was a little bit cheaper).

The hotel has a fantastic location for tourists like ourselves, just a few minutes walk from Times Square and fifth avenue and with easy access to the Metro.

The rooms are extremely well maintained and very well appointed, but are a little on the small side. This in no way affected our stay as there was still ample room for the 2 of us and the time we spent at the hotel and is really the only minor point I can think of. (Well that and I couldn't get the iPod dock in the room to work, but that's probably just me!)

The staff were extremely friendly and professional and we both enjoyed the free coffee served in the foyer during the mornings and hot cider served in the afternoons!

I would have no qualms in recommending this hotel to friends and family (unless they needed loads of room) and would have no hesitation in staying here again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank topperuk
IroquoisFrontDesk, Manager at The Iroquois New York, responded to this review, 22 February 2012
I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! If we have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future please do not hesitate to inform us if anything is not working properly in the room or if there is anything else that could make your stay more comfortable. I'm pleased that you gave us a try! Warm Regards, Kelli Phillips Assistant Front Office Manager
lancaster, pa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2012

This NYC Boutique Hotel gets 5 stars! We arrived early and expected to just check our bags and head out to walk the city a bit until our room was ready. To our pleasant surprise, they had a room ready and gave us no hassle about arriving early (which some hotels can tend to do). The staff was very accommodating and friendly! Our room was on the 5th floor and it was very private and quiet (even though we were located right by the elevators). The room was small as I had read, but it was very clean and we really had no need for a large room when it was just my husband and I for an overnight stay. Turndown service arrived just as we were heading out the door to dinner and the maid was very sweet and pleasant. Location was perfect too! We would absolutely plan to stay at the Iroquois again for future NYC trips!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank mallard460
IroquoisFrontDesk, Manager at The Iroquois New York, responded to this review, 15 February 2012
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. We strive to accommodate all of our guest’s requests whenever possible and needs, so I'm pleased to hear that we were able to give you an early check in upon your arrival! We look forward to seeing you in the future and thank you again! Kelli Phillips, Assistant Front Office Manager