IBEROSTAR 70 Park Avenue Hotel
US$162
Hilton.com
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$209/night.

Grand Hyatt New York(New York City)
US$179
US$169
  • Restaurant
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
US$139
US$104
  • Fitness centre
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$123/night.

Sofitel New York(New York City)
US$199
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$224/night.

Row NYC Hotel(New York City)
US$108
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$121/night.

US$219
  • Restaurant
The Kimberly Hotel(New York City)
US$299
US$284
Hotwire.com
  • Room Service
Pod 51 Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$109
  • Bar/Lounge
Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$139
US$90
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 51% below average rates

The price you found is 51% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$185/night.

Stewart Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$179
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
All reviewsgrand central stationgreat locationnew yorkwine hourking roomfront desk staffempire statejust returned from a night staydoor mantimes squarecoffee machinebed was comfortablewould definitely stay here againnyc hotelstwo blocksrooms are smallvisiting nyc
Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

We booked this hotel over 12 months ago , choosing Iberostar over others as we like this brand .
Although the reception area is quite small it was normal for hotels in this location .
Main door access is flat , there is an internal ramp for mobility assistance .
Check in was quick and clear .
The room very well decorated and set out . We had a standard queen room . Only a few comments ... there was no welcome booklet giving information about the hotel ,local services , amenities etc.
There was a mini bar but locked and with no info and no tea/ coffee facilities .
The gripe with having nowhere to get a coffee is that on the current company website it shows that there is a bar and coffee lounge on the lower floors , Where continental breakfast is also served .
Apparently this closed about 12 months ago .
So other than two bottles of water left in the room with a $8 price tag on each bottle or a free cold water dispenser at the main hotel door there was no other drinks option .
I know it’s in the city and close to everything but who doesn’t like a cup of tea or coffee first thing without having to get fully dressed and go out?
There is a gym located on the lower ground floor .
The staff were wonderful throughout our stay . Everybody had a welcome , a smile and showed interest in the guests .
Located just about a 4 minute walk from Grand Central Station makes it easy to get to and from .
We were on a package holiday and we booked a shared van for transport to and from the airport .
It was a long journey each way due to the high volumes of traffic . 2 1/2 hours each way .
Would we return ? Yes .
( but I’d bring a travel kettle)

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank totty01
nypdir, General Manager at IBEROSTAR 70 Park Avenue Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Dear totty01,

On behalf of IBEROSTAR 70 Park Avenue we would like to thank you for staying with us and sharing such a nice review. It rewards us to know that you had a nice experience at our hotel. We really appreciate your comments as our guest well-being and satisfaction is our main goal, we truly appreciate your feedback and assure you to pass it on to our staff as it will help us to continue giving our best.

We would love to welcome you back anytime in the near future.

Best regards,

Reviewed 30 March 2018

From the moment I called to investigate I was greeted by Patricia on the phone, I was treated with great care. Patricia took time to explain and address my many questions as I was celebrating my b-day, searching for a romantic room with a jacuzzi, and wanted details. I was well cared for. When I arrived at Iberstar, Patricia gave me the same VIP treatment without realizing we had spoken before. Melanie, also at the front desk, gave me the same VIP treatment. And Michael, the hotel's porter, did the same. I've not been treated as warmly at a hotel by so many. At most properties, when you connect with one person that you've spoken with, the other staff clear out. Not here. My room was great - the stay and experience, just what I needed. Patricia, Melanie and Michael are superstars and know the true meaning of rapport and customer care. I highly recommend this hotel. And Patricia, Michael and Melanie truly put the H in hospitality.

Room Tip: The suite has a terrace with a view of the city.
Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
nypdir, General Manager at IBEROSTAR 70 Park Avenue Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2018

Dear Nick R,

On behalf of IBEROSTAR 70 Park Avenue we would like to thank you for staying with us and sharing such a nice review. It rewards us to know that you had a nice experience at our hotel. We really appreciate your comments as our guest well-being and satisfaction is our main goal, we truly appreciate your feedback and assure you to pass it on to our staff in special to Patricia, Melanie and Michael as it will help us to continue giving our best.

We would love to welcome you back anytime in the near future.

Best regards,

Reviewed 29 March 2018

We picked this hotel for it's location and nice jetted tub. The rooms were beautiful and the service was outstanding. The building and room needed some maintenance work. Although, would definitely return:)!!!!

Room Tip: Premium Room is worth it.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear James D,

IBEROSTAR 70 Park Avenue would like to thank you for staying with us and for your recommendation. Your positive feedback will definitely inspire our staff to continue giving their best, we have already passed it on to our departments involved in order to improve our services. It will be our pleasure to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon and happy to offer you our hospitality.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

The hotel is Nice. The rooms are a good size and spotlessly clean. The staff are friendly and the gym area is good. The location is minutes away from restaurants and grand central terminal. I'd stay here again if I find myself in this part of the world.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business

Dear BangkokAndy1976,

IBEROSTAR 70 Park Avenue thanks you deeply you for sharing such a nice experience.
It was a pleasure for us to host your holidays, and we are delighted to read that you spent a memorable holiday.
We will certainly share your kind words with our team as it will definitely help us to continue giving our best.
We hope to welcome you back anytime in the near future.

Sincerely

Reviewed 27 March 2018

A great central location for our first visit to New York. Provided great walking access to many of NY's neighborhoods. Our room was on the small side but fairly comfortable though dated. Some renovations would go a long way to making a small room more comfortable and efficient. A newer hotel further east on 38th has made more effective use of small rooms. Our daughter and granddaughter joined us for one night and had a corner room next to ours. It was more spacious and comfortable. There are a few irritants that colour our view of the hotel.
1. Coffee makers are not standard in regular rooms unlike the majority of hotels we have stayed in. If you want one it costs $5 a day. Corner rooms seem to get them as our daughter discovered. My wife and I generally enjoy a cup of coffee before we get going in the morning so we missed this touch. Fortunately there are at least 4 Starbucks between the hotel and Grand Central Station.
2. No anti-slip strips or mats for the bathtub. The baths are quite slippy as they have no anti-slip strips or mats. We asked at the front desk about this and they suggested we could ask housekeeping if we wanted one. The lack of concern was surprising. I would suggest the hotel provide them in all bathrooms before somebody slips and gets hurt.
3. We had some questions on our daughters room bill and realized we had not been given a copy of the the bill on departure. My wife and I phoned several times and left messages which were not returned. I eventually talked to the Front Office Manager who resolved our question and provided a credit. She also said she would email a copy of the room charges. I am still waiting!
We had a great time in New York and plan to return. I doubt we will use this hotel again. Small irritants become a major disincentive to return.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are more spacious and comfortable than regular rooms
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
nypdir, General Manager at IBEROSTAR 70 Park Avenue Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2018

Dear David R,

IBEROSTAR 70 Park Avenue would like to thank you for staying with us. On regards your comments we will take them into considerations for future improvements. It will be our pleasure to welcome you back soon if you decide to give us a second opportunity.

Kind regards