5,597 results
All reviewsdouble treegreat locationnew yorkwarm cookieslexington avenuefire stationsubway stationrockefeller centercentral parktimes squareking roomaround the cornerfew blocksstreet noisebolivarlobbynyc
Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

Good location, good price but average facilities. Room was ok, bed reasonable, bathroom absolutely minute but it was clean and fine for sleeping in and in an excellent location being very close to 51st street subway station. Miss the hotel breakfast though and go to the cafe just up the street - was excellent

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Clare B
nycdtdt, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Metropolitan - New York City, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2017

We appreciate the feedback, Clare.

While we're happy you appreciated our location, it's unfortunate our facilities and rooms didn't meet your expectations. We regret your challenges and inconvenience so we'll address your concerns with our team moving forward.

We do hope you give us another opportunity to share a more positive experience with you soon.

Reviewed 12 September 2017

We spent a couple of nights at the DoubleTree when we went to NYC a couple days prior to our cruise. We found the hotel a a pleasant place to stay and enjoyed our time there.

The rooms were clean and decent sized. We felt the price was reasonable considering we were staying in mid town Manhattan. The staff was friendly. We found the location convenient for seeing the sights of NYC. The subway was right out the door and we quickly mastered the schedules to get around Manhattan.

Overall, good experience.

Stayed: September 2017
1  Thank William N
nycdtdt, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Metropolitan - New York City, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2017

Thank you for the glowing review, Bill!

We're delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us. We strive to provide our guests with warm hospitality, comfortable rooms, and efficient service, so this is great to hear!

We'd love to host you again in the future; we'd look forward to that. Have a beautiful day!

Reviewed 12 September 2017

I recently stayed at this hotel while visiting NY for the U.S. Open. I didn't make the reservation, because my stay was included in a package I purchased at a live auction benefit. The tub drained so slowly that my companion and I both resorted to washing up in the sink. This is not an issue that could have escaped the housekeeping staff, and it should have been repaired before this room was used by another guest. I also had a poor experience with the associate at the desk on my departure that left a poor taste in my mouth. On this stay, I didn't enjoy the signature warm cookie, either, because they were overbaked. I slept well, the tv and internet worked properly, and it wasn't noisy. But there was nothing special to make me come back again. If you get a really great deal, I could recommend staying here. If you have to pay the regular NY rate and other hotels are available, I'd recommend that you try one of those, if the reviews are better.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
1  Thank 557lareem
nycdtdt, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Metropolitan - New York City, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the feedback. We regret that our services and accommodations didn't meet your expectations. We hold ourselves to a higher standard so we'll be sure to discuss your feedback with our team moving forward.

We look forward to hosting you again soon for a more positive experience.

Reviewed 11 September 2017

Stayed at this location for an overnight getaway with my daughter. The check in & checkout went smoothly and the staff were very friendly.
We were able to check-in about an hour earlier than standard time. The room was comfortable and somewhat met our basic needs.
The location was great as others have mentioned. Right next to the 6 train, although the downtown access was offline 2 weeks ago for track improvements. We simply walked back to Grand Central (about 10 blocks) and entered the subway system that way.
Upon checkout we were able to store our luggage for $1.00 so we could catch a show and dinner. We returned to the hotel, collected our luggage and chatted with a super friendly bellman who offered to hail us a cab back to Grand Central.

The improvements I would ask them to make is to offer coffee/tea service in the room as there was nothing available, and free wifi should be a no brainer. Considering the price of the room and the fact this is a Hilton brand (my preference), this is quite disappointing and inexcusable really. I've stayed numerous times at their more economical branded hotels and have gotten more bang for my buck.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank rosiedreams
nycdtdt, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Metropolitan - New York City, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2017

Thanks for the 4-star rating and review, Rosie!

We're thrilled you had such a pleasant time with us! We strive to offer top-notch service and convenience for our guests. It's fantastic you enjoyed our prime location and excellent service so much. That's what we like to see!

We look forward to sharing an even better experience with you next time. Have a lovely day!

Reviewed 11 September 2017

My husband and I have stayed at a number of Hilton and Doubletree hotels over the years but I have to say this Lexington Ave hotel was the worst experience I have had in any hotel. We arrived slightly prior to 4pm check in and was therefore prepared to await a room. The initial reception from Vicky was fairly unwelcoming and abrupt. We had booked two rooms and she asked if we wanted them on the same floor to which we replied 'okay' as this was not imperative to us. She told us both rooms would be ready within 30mins and to sit and wait. After approx 40mins one of our party stood in queue and approached her to enquire if the rooms were ready - Vicky informed her she had no recollection of who she was and asked her to return with ID as she couldn't help. We were then told one room was ready and we proceeded wearily to the room to refresh and await a call for the next room. However, no call was received after an hour to inform us the other room was ready and therefore my husband and I went to reception to enquire with Taryn. We were met with a very hostile and aggressive reception and she said it was our fault we had to wait as we insisted on having rooms on the same floor. I explained that we were not worried about this and only accepted this offer as Vicki had told us the rooms would be ready within. 30mins. Taryn then appeared to calm down a little and take a less hostile tone and found us a room two floors below. The rooms were fairly shabby although beds were comfortable. I would like to think that perhaps the staff were under pressure due to the tennis open championship but this is still not an excuse for surly unwelcoming attitudes to guests. We went on to stay at the Doubletree in Boston and had a completely different experience and I would strongly suggest that Hilton needs to address the deficiencies in the NYC hotel ASAP!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank haywardsjo

Dear Guest,

We appreciate the feedback. We're disappointed that your time with us was less than ideal. Your experience is not on par with the level of service we're accustomed to providing. We regret that we didn't meet your expectations. Your happiness and satisfaction are important to us so we'll be addressing your concerns with the appropriate members of our team moving forward.

We hope you give us another opportunity to demonstrate the high-caliber service we're capable of sharing with our guests.