I have stayed here many times on business. At this price point The Mansfield is as good as it gets in NYC. My experience is all of the 44th Street hotels are at about this caliber. A competitor in this price range with larger but not nicer rooms would be The Dylan.
I have never had a problem with this place---you'll need to pay over $500US a night to get into a larger room in midtown. One plus for The Mansfield is that the interior (small) rooms look out into a light shaft - no view but quiet. You will appreciate this at 3am on trash night in NYC where the constant beeping and loading noise from trash trucks working the street below have kept me awake more nights than I'd care to remember.
I think this place is perfect for business travelers as it is in the heart of midtown and will not raise eyebrows on the expense report. For tourists be forewarned that if you booked one of the cheaper rooms its going to be small. Fine for a night but it could be an issue if you go for a week. That said it is not a major tourist or convention hotel which I am sure is a plus for some.
The location is in the business district on 44th which has several really cool old hotels on the block.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An architectural and historical landmark, The Mansfield is a portal to a New York City of days gone. Guests of the hotel appreciate its club-like surroundings and superb craftsmanship, as illustrated by the lobby’s detailed illuminated 16-foot ceiling and oval staircases with original terrazzo floors. The Mansfield is located just off of Fifth Avenue at 44th Street, residing within the historic preservation district of Midtown Manhattan, and deep in the heart of the Theater District. The hotel is within a short walk of the finest Fifth Avenue stores, Bryant Park, Times Square, Broadway, Grand Central Station, St. Patrick’s Cathedral, Rockefeller Center, the Empire State Building, Madison Square Garden and the Radio City Music Hall. Guests can enjoy complimentary 24-hour espresso and cappuccino in the hotel's classically-restored Beaux-Arts Club Room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Mansfield reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Mansfield Hotel New York City
- Mansfield New York City
- Mansfield Hotel New York City