Grand Hyatt New York(New York City)
US$269
US$259
Hyatt.com
US$244
US$190
InterContinental
  • Room Service
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
US$135
US$97
  • Fitness centre
Savings alert! 39% below average rates

The price you found is 39% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$160/night.

The Evelyn(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$190
US$118
  • Fitness centre
Savings alert! 50% below average rates

The price you found is 50% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$234/night.

Row NYC Hotel(New York City)
US$98
Savings alert! 49% below average rates

The price you found is 49% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$191/night.

YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$201
US$116
Savings alert! 32% below average rates

The price you found is 32% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$170/night.

Pod 51 Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$159
US$125
Savings alert! 32% below average rates

The price you found is 32% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$183/night.

The New Yorker a Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$161
US$113
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 32% below average rates

The price you found is 32% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$166/night.

US$235
US$157
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$289
US$110
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 34% below average rates

The price you found is 34% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$167/night.

11,581 results
All reviewsbull and bearpeacock alleyiconic hotelpark avenuenew yorkart decoroom servicebeautiful lobbyan upgradechrysler buildinggrand central stationtimes squareoscarsnycluxuryglamourconcierge
Reviewed 1 March 2012

This is poor value for money. OK it's iconic art deco but it's really living off its reputation now, not its present offering.
You will be one of literally thousands of people milling about in the public areas. There were some massive groups there which makes it feel like a school trip!
Over priced, dingy rooms. Unless you are truly an art deco fan and can't resist, then save your money and go somewhere else!

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank PYT13
Reviewed 29 February 2012

We have just returned from a 4 night stay here. I'm really pleased we have now ticked it off our 'must do one day' list and it was a unique experience, but I'm left with a feeling that it didn't quite hit the spot. The grandeur of the hotel is magnificent but somewhat spoilt by the amount of large groups that seem to fill every available space in the public areas. I think that they must hold many corporate seminars etc as everyone seemed to be wearing a name tag!
Check in went smoothly, we only waited a few minutes. We had booked a superior room as we wanted to make the most of our once in a lifetime stay. The hotel knew we were celebrating a special event and I was a little disappointed not to be upgraded as the hotel was not full and we had already paid for our own upgrade and we were staying 4 nights. However, the room was well appointed and a decent size. The bathroom had almost everything you could want, except a shelf to put your toiletries on and it's amazing how annoying that can be when you have to balance all your wash stuff on the back of the toilet. Bathrobes were good quality and it was very clean. Just a small pointer. As in all hotels, they 'want to save the planet etc' and ask you to reuse towels. I have no problem with this, I don't need a fresh towel every day, but with no heated rail anywhere in the room, it was impossible to dry any towels, so you either put up with a soggy one or change them. The most excellent part of the whole stay in the hotel was the bed. It was the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in, with perfect pillows and linen. The decor was in keeping with the style of the hotel and I found it charming, less so the air conditioning which was fairly noisy and I do resent not be allowed to chose my own temperature and having to work within the limits set by the hotel. The room was too warm for us.
We had pre booked the brunch at Peacock Alley as a special treat as it coincided with our 'special day' Now considering the hotel folder in the room went into some detail about the dress codes for each bar and restaurant we smartened ourselves up a little as was fitting for the occasion....or so we thought... well I could have gone down in my pj's and fitted in perfectly well. I know that dress code is deemed a bit outdated and elitist etc but it was the hotel who said they insisted upon it, yet any old dirty pair of jeans was fine, got a backpack and a few suitcases, that's fine too. So, if you are planning on this sumptious feast whilst you are there don't worry too much about taking any special clothes.
The staff are unfailingly polite and helpful, but you don't get the personal touch, it's a huge hotel and you are only one of many. Perhaps size isn't everything! And what in God's name were they thinking in putting a Starbucks in the lower lobby?? I have nothing against Starbucks, they do a nice coffee, but the lobby is full of people drinking out of paper cups etc, what a blot on the landscape. Also, they should put tea and coffee making facilites in the rooms, it's expensive enough to warrant any extra work created.
Summing up, it's a 'must see' hotel and I'm glad we have stayed there but next time I'll pick a smaller hotel with a more personal touch.

Room Tip: Go high, better view, less noise
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ComeonAugust
Reviewed 28 February 2012

I had a lovely stay, but I was amazed at how everything was exactly as I remembered it from 20 years ago. The lobby can't be beat and I loved gazing up at the chandelier, but the rooms felt so dated. It was clean, but "worn." The bathroom still had the exact same phone on the wall. As a kid in the 80s, I thought that was amazing to have a phone right by the toilet, but now it just seems silly.

Location was great - grab a bagel at Ess A Bagel around the corner.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank pritchke
Reviewed 27 February 2012

I have just spent a night at the Waldorf and would not stay again. The motor lobby looked like an evacuation centre when I arrived, the bell hop suggested leaving my luggage on an open shelf. The rooms are tired and dated and tatty. The public areas are only saved by the inherent architecture but has a distinctly '80s' corporate feel which is depressing. Two martinis $45, orange juice $9, eggs Benedict which was decidedly average $28. And to add I insult to injury, there is a Starbucks in the hotel where a tea that had cost $2.99 at another Starbucks yesterday was $4.25 'because we are owned by Starbucks. I don't mind paying for quality but this isn't it. Avoid, there are plenty of other better hotels in New York

Room Tip: Don't stay there!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank Susan6062
Reviewed 27 February 2012

First..i didn't stay here as didn't have enough cash to be sincere !
i just came there as invited by a family member from Canada and did enjoy!
I had one of the most amazing meet in my all life (I’m foodie and also working in this industry..so supposed to know what food means a part of my French’s origins..)
The meat was simply one of the purest thing in my all life as said and i cannot forget the excellence of the place.
the hotel has an excellent location for sure and is a little old fashion style but god value as far as I’m concerned.
enjoy at least a great lunch there!
Cheers! Oliver from Marrakech