“How many ways can you say "Wow!"?”
Review of Energy Kitchen - CLOSED

Energy Kitchen
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Healthy
Dining options: Delivery
Neighbourhood: West Village
Reviewed 15 June 2012

I had been on a weight-loss plan and was losing steadily for about a year when all of a sudden I reached a plateau that just would not go away. I went to a nutritionist and she suggested I try Energy Kitchen for those times when I would want to eat out.

I ordered online for a delivery - After I got the confirmation I realized I had chosen the wrong sides *slaps forehead* and called the location to change. The order hadn't yet been received, and Mike and another lady very graciously took my new order and would cancel the online order when it came in. I had to laugh when the second order was delivered anyway, and was ready to fuss, but I accepted it and just decided to have it later for dinner.

I'm glad I kept it!

I had the plain grilled salmon, which came with a lemon wedge - it does have available cajun seasoning or teriyaki sauce. The salmon was a wow. Sides were creamed spinach (wow again) and baked french fries (triple wow). I had always tried to do baked fries at home with no success, and these were great. The portion sizes are perfect and the food is filling.

The meal was packaged very attractively, with separate sections for the protein and 2 sides - I'm used to getting takeout where everything is just slapped into a styrofoam box and runs together. The box also looked like it was eco-friendly. Points for that.

It's always a challenge to eat healthy and TASTY food - this was terrific!

I would have to say the only slight negative would be that they do not carry bottled plain water (or maybe they do and just don't sell it online).

It's such a relief to have a place where you don't have to guess the portion sizes, carb count, calorie count, ask to leave off the butter, etc. Nutritional info is posted online for every item sold, even the teriyaki sauce.

Definitely going back/ordering again; I'm looking forward to trying other menu items such as the bison burger.

Love it!

Reviewed 30 May 2012

Best tasting fast food.

All under 500 calories.

I ate here like 5 times. Very good.

Reviewed 21 March 2012

Really love this concept. Super-lean meat Bison and chicken burgers. Wraps. Plain chicken filets and sides of spinach or steamed broccoli and such. Smoothies with protein. All in all packed with flavors! Such a relief to find a low fat, healthy option. Really recommend it to anyone.

Reviewed 23 February 2012

After browsing through the pasta aisles at Eataly, we stumbled onto this small restaurant right across the street (18 West 23rd St). The window ads "Nothing more than 500 calories" and "Fast food doesn't have to be fat food" were welcome sights. We had a great buffalo chicken burger with brown rice, and the chicken/turkey bacon club w/2 sides of steamed spinich. I had no idea that such a place existed in NYC - a place where you could get a healthy meal option quick! The food was good, price was right, and no guilt after the meal! I would definitely eat a quick lunch here again.

Reviewed 10 July 2011

Anybody watching their weight will appreciate this place -loads of healthy choices . In July , their salads are 2 dollars off . The restaurant is located on a quiet tree lined side street ,away from the hustle and noise . No public restroom ,you have to go to Starbucks nearby .