“Best cheesecake in NY! Ask for Dan!”
Review of Junior's

Junior's
Ranked #42 of 481 Dessert in New York City
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Reviewed 3 April 2017 via mobile

Juniors - while fixing to land at Newark Airport, my fiancé and I were having a conversation with the stewardess who mentioned Juniors was her favorite place to get cheesecake in the city. Shortly after checking in to our hotel, we stumbled across Juniors on Broadway just two blocks from our hotel. It is one of the larger and more roomy restaurants within the city, much like I am used to back in FL. There was no wait and we were immediately seated. Our server Dan "whom we ended up visiting several times and requesting his section", was made for the service industry. Dan is a top notch server who never let your glass get empty, as well as suggested the best dishes and deserts, each and every time. The Combo Rueben was heavenly. It comes well packed with meat, grilled kraut on rye bread with a side of French-like dressing. My fiancé had a regular Rueben and was equally impressed. Their chocolate shakes are also a must! If your not one for Ruebens, their beef brisket melt is another one of my favorites. Finally, the moment I was awaiting the most, the cheesecake. Now just to give you a little perspective, over my week stay in NY, I tried cheesecake at Eileen's, Fererras and Rubirosa, juniors remains my all-time favorite. You cannot go wrong with their original cheesecake, with or without strawberries. My runner up is their Red Velvet cheesecake, delish! It is very creamy and rich, much like the denseness and consistency of cream cheese, except with delicious cheesecake flavor.

Write a ReviewReviews (8,719)

Reviewed 3 April 2017 via mobile

We only had dessert but OMG it was delicious. Thick and rich. I was drooling with every bite of cheesecake.

Reviewed 2 April 2017

Rushed over here right after a matinee show at the theater. Wait was only about 10 minutes but usually is much longer. Have visited several times before. Love the cheese blintzes which did not disappoint. Cheesecake is awesome. Great for breakfast, brunch or lunch. Always crowded but also love the atmosphere which is deli like. Service this time was just OK. She was slow and needed to be reminded.

Reviewed 2 April 2017 via mobile

Nice food, good service. Good variety and kids menu was good. Big portions.
Wings were nice, pastrami sandwich was even better.
Cheesecake is lovely also.

Reviewed 2 April 2017

Doesn't call itself a deli, but serves an awesome corn beef and pastrami sandwich. Reasonable prices, huge portions, great cheesecake, and in heart of Times Square, what more could you want.