Four Points by Sheraton Little Rock Midtown
Comfort Inn & Suites Presidential(Little Rock)(Great Value!)
US$99
Homewood
  • Breakfast included
US$104
US$84
The Burgundy Hotel(Little Rock)
US$115
US$124
US$119
Residence Inn Little Rock(Little Rock)
US$99
US$89
US$109
The Capital Hotel(Little Rock)
US$195
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
All reviewsbody washbeach resorthotel is newly renovatedhuge tvan easy drivevisit familyconference roomnice poollobby barroom was spaciousthe shuttle driverbusiness travelernight's sleepchecking inking bedgreat place to stayvery nice hotel
Reviewed 12 March 2018

The hotel is a little tricky to enter the parking lot. No big deal. It has great access to I-630. The hotel took some time to get me checked in. They seemed to be having trouble with their system. I was asked if I had a preference on floor....this was my biggest mistake. You enter the hotel on Floor 2. She asked if the1st floor was OK, I said sure. DO NOT STAY ON THE 1st FLOOR. It is the basement. The room was nice with plenty of room. The hotel was jam packed, which is not usually a problem. The second night of my stay, the fire alarm went off and I was able to enjoy the alarm for about 30 minutes....their alarms work, but never seem to go off. My room was room 1000. It is located across from meeting rooms and a large open area. This area and the meeting rooms were host to a party. After a long day of work, I was looking forward to going back to my room and sleeping. The party had loud music, chest thumping bass, and people in the hallways. I sat in the room for 5 minutes and felt like I was at the party. I went upstairs and asked what could be done. They said they were at 98% occupancy. They said that they could send security down to check on things. After an hour of waiting, no one came. By 10:45, the noise level had increased and I was on the phone booking another hotel across the street. I carried my bags up the stairs to the lobby and let them know that I was checking out. The most curious thing was that no one asked why I was leaving. I was so exhausted, that I didn't care. The hotel across the street was AMAZING.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
William P, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Little Rock Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2018

Thank you Ben C. for taking time to offer your honest feedback of your stay at our hotel. As we are committed to providing the highest level of service to each of our guests, it is disappointing that we fell short on your recent visit. We are and were aware of the noise issues on the first floor on the night of your stay and they were, in fact, addressed by security multiple times and eventually shut down entirely. I assure you that this experience is not indicative of our typical level of service and we hope you will reconsider giving us the opportunity to better your stay should your travels bring you back to Little Rock. We have examined each and every complaint we received over that weekend and have used them as teachable moments and opportunities to improve. Thank you again for providing valuable insight.

Reviewed 12 March 2018

I used Starwood points to fully cover a 10 night stay and paid in full for one additional night, for a total of 11 nights fully prepaid. I should have read the reviews prior, but since my hotel choice was limited with points and I know that the hotel had been recently renovated (used to be a Hilton), I went ahead and made the reservation.

I will never stay at this hotel again and I’ve never said that in a review before. The hotel is overpriced, understaffed (with staff who are miserable and fake, except housekeeping), and has several issues with the rooms themselves. Stay across the street at Staybridge Suites (opened last year, better quality and less expensive).

Here’s the full breakdown of pros and cons:

Pros:

1) Location – just off the freeway and mid-central – easy and quick trip to most places in Little Rock. However, there is a new hotel across the street (Staybridge Suites) that is nicer and less expensive. I went to check it out and they were fully booked so I could not go in any room but they let me peek in some that were being cleaned. Staybridge Suites is where I will stay next time.

2) Housekeeping – the staff was friendly.

3) Offered to let me switch rooms – after I had settled in (4 nights). This was an offer that would require a lot more work for me to relocate all of my stuff than to just stay where I was given the length of my stay, so I did not change rooms.

4) WiFi - stable, with sufficient speed.

Cons:

1) Overpriced: the renovation showed, in a bad way. You could see patches, paint splashes, etc., clearly the renovation was mostly cosmetic and low quality. While the townhouse set up is great, as mentioned earlier, there is the vastly better hotel across the street, so the Sheraton room prices are unjustified, especially considering the staff and issues that you absolutely will encounter unless everyone who works there is replaced with people who actually like where they work.

2) Key cards did not work upon arrival – I had to have three different sets of key cards made before the woman at the front desk called for someone to open my hotel door for me. When I came back to the hotel later to pick up my new keys, they worked, but…

3) Downstairs door did not open with key card – I was staying in a townhouse room and there was a door upstairs and downstairs. On more than one occasion, I left the upstairs security brace on the door, went out the downstairs door and had to go to the front desk so they could call the engineer to open the downstairs for me. The key cards that the housekeepers had did not work on the downstairs door. About halfway through my stay they fixed the bottom lock so that it would work with my key card.

4) Phones in room did not work – there was one upstairs and one downstairs and they were both completely dead. The engineer came and was unable to fix it – something about the panel and how it was only affecting my room. The manager told me the opposite – that every room in that part of the hotel had an issue with the phone. The engineer came back twice and finally I had semi-working phones – meaning, I could call out but no calls would come through. When I did call out I was often disconnected or people could not hear me and they hung up (staff in the hotel). I had to use my cell to call room service, front desk, etc.

5) Room temperature – there are floor to ceiling windows upstairs and downstairs and sliding glass doors with a decorative patio (standing space only really). Turns out that the sliding glass door upstairs (where the bed is) was cracked at the bottom the entire time. It must have been off track or something because the door was locked. I didn’t discover this until the end of my trip when I went to put towels at the bottom of the windows and doors to try to keep heat from escaping and to help with the draft. The next day I told the front desk about this when I was checking out and they said they would send the engineer to look at it right away. Great for the next guess I suppose but I’d already gotten very sick and the cold, drafty room could not have helped. Finding that the sliding glass door was ajar was just more confirmation of how lazy and apathetic the hotel staff were. Housekeeping should have noticed this the first time they cleaned the room, right?

6) Housekeeping – although friendly, most did not speak English which is okay if you know a little bit of Spanish but if not, you are out of luck. By mistake they took a personal coffee mug. I saw it was missing and went to the front desk – they found it for me. Because I was sick, it was important to change the bedding every day. It took some time for this to be understood by housekeeping, and I had already explained it to the front desk more than once.

7) Room service – it is only served in the morning, which is generally fine, but when I ordered breakfast for 4 people, they did not bring a rolling table for us to eat on and said they didn’t have one. As for tables, or a place to eat, there is only a small desk with one chair, and no other accessory furniture that we could eat off, so me and my guests ate our breakfast on the floor and made a mess.

8) Bare rooms – upstairs, there are small night tables (no drawers) on each side of the bed and there is one 6 – 8 drawer dresser across the room; downstairs, there is a slim desk for working and a sitting area with one small pull-out couch and one small chair, and across from that under the TV is a credenza for ice, coffee, microwave and minifridge. One night I asked for a small fold up bed so that my nieces could all sleep upstairs with me, the front desk said no problem. When I went back to the room and it wasn’t there, I went back to the front desk and they told me that it was a fire hazard. I do not believe this at all, and I was annoyed that they told me no problem at first and then no way (and they didn’t follow up – I had to ask why they didn’t bring it – lack of follow up became a clear theme).

9) Internal Connecting Door – downstairs the connecting door to the room next door was broken – it did not lock from my side and was jammed ajar making it impossible to open, so not a security issue, at least that’s what I was told, but still.

10) Poor communication - for example, one night when I was very sick I called the front desk and asked if it was possible to order some food from the bar and if they could make an exception for me and have it delivered. They said yes and transferred me to the bar where the person said they could not do that, then they checked with the front desk and said okay they could do it but there would be a charge, and then they hung up on me (could have just been the phone not working). Hotel management and staff did not follow up with me either at all or insufficiently on the issues that I've listed – only things that I really pressed were resolved in any sort of fashion.

11) Insincere hospitality – this is really my conclusion based on the totality of my stay. The goal was not to make this guest comfortable or happy – it was clear the staff eagerly watched the clock and only did the bare minimum until their shift was over. In my experience, this is because the workplace is not a positive environment and I definitely got that vibe from staff (they seemed really unhappy). The entire time only one person remarked about how sick I was and asked if there was anything they could do. I said thank you to her and let her know that she was the only person who had said anything like that. When I checked out, the front desk was clearly aware of all of the issues during my stay (after 11 nights they seemed to finally know who I was), but there was no apology or offer to comp anything, and I didn’t get a “hope you enjoyed your stay” or anything like that either. When I said something like, being so sick at a hotel and working is tough, and they said something like “we hope you feel better soon” to which I said, thank you, if there’s something you would like to do to make up for all of the issues, great, let me know what you propose. Blank stare and empty smile was all I received. If I hadn’t been so sick, I would have been more vocal about my experiences and most likely would have received some form of comp, but honestly, I think they took it for granted that I was sick and just didn’t have the energy to express my frustrations and were happy to see an annoyed guest check-out.

Hotel management was aware of all of my issues so they should not at all be surprised about this review (if they even care). Rating is based on how much the cons outweigh the true pros.

Room Tip: there is a south entrance with direct access to the elevator - convenient to have a room close by
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank tulumtam

Dear tulumtam,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Four Points by Sheraton Little Rock Midtown and providing your honest feedback on the Guest Satisfaction Survey.

Providing the highest level of hospitality is our number one priority and we sincerely apologize for falling short of meeting your expectations. As a teachable moment, we have shared your feedback with the appropriate hotel teams to ensure the necessary guidelines are in place to prevent these issues from occurring in the future.

For your inconvenience, we have credited back a portion of your Starpoints and discounted your last night. Once again, thank you for your feedback and we hope you will reconsider allowing us to serve you whenever your travels bring you back to Little Rock.

Reviewed 3 March 2018

Building has changed hands many times over the years. This current ownership did a nice job updating the hotel, feels brand new. Conference areas are well-equipped and comfortable. Rooms feel relaxing, nothing fancy, but everything was clean and in great working order. Only downside to this hotel is the area. Not the best part of town and it is right on the Interstate, so it's a little loud. I had someone approach me in the parking lot running the "need money for gas" scam.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank scottwells318
Reviewed 1 March 2018 via mobile

Hotel is clean, bed nice, bathroom small. The Starwood website says pets welcome but when you check in they ask for your credit card for incidentals and when I asked for what they sneakily said they charge 50$ for my small non shedding dog. Drinks and food are expensive . 15$ for a mixed drink. I have stayed at many hotels in the Starwood group and never been charged for my dog. Looks like they are making their guests pay for their renovations.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ingrid I
William P, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Little Rock Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2018

Thank you for providing feedback on your most recent stay at our property. We are very sorry that you felt our staff was attempting to do anything "sneakily". It does state that pets are welcome. It also states on our website that there is $50, non-refundable pet fee. We charge this fee for all animals brought into the hotel, as it requires more attention to cleaning afterwards. We want each of our guests to enjoy the clean room that you did when they check in.
It is the hotel's policy (as it is in most) to ask for a credit card to keep on file for incidentals. If incidentals are not used/charged, then there is no charge to that credit card. This is standard procedure for all of our guests, including SPG members.
I am very happy that you found the hotel to be clean and comfortable. I hope that the pet policy does not deter you from giving us another opportunity in the future. Thank you again for your time providing a review. We consider each guests' feedback a valuable opportunity to improve.

Reviewed 26 February 2018

The hotel is beautiful and the staff were all very nice. Only downfall, we could hear the conversations, and tv, of the room next to us. They were not yelling, it was a normal tone, and we could hear everything.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends