All reviews country inn free happy hour free breakfast train tracks freeway side downtown ventura large tv bagels fresh fruit within walking distance spacious room hot breakfast main st mini fridge santa barbara coffee maker pier
Reviewed 29 May 2018 via mobile

My husband & I signed up to run the Mountains 2 Beach half/full marathon & also just wanted a weekend vacation to celebrate his retirement. Got a great bargain on a room through Hotwire. We had previously stayed at the property when it was a Country Inn & Suites. My only complaint at that time was a slightly rundown room. My husband & I got one of Amanzi's newly refurbished rooms & it was very nice. Large, big bed, new carpet, flooring, bathroom totally redone,microwave, fridge, big screen TV, free wifi. The hotel still offers free parking & a free breakfast that is better than most 2.5 hotels', and also has a happy hour with free drinks from 5-7 pm. The staff also went out of their way to make sure we had bagels & bananas the evening before the race. The biggest plus is how close the hotel is to the beach. We've known people who have spent way more to stay at the race host hotel, which isn't much closer, & they had fewer amenities & dealt with unfriendly staff. No bad experiences here. Best deal just off the beach.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank WClark1313
AmanziVenturaHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Amanzi Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2018

Delighted to see this review of the Amanzi Hotel during your Mountains 2 Beach Run! Our team enjoys it when runners stay with us and are we are glad to see that their efforts to make your visit to Ventura made your stay nicer. Please do come visit us next time you are in the area and check out our renovation progress as it will continue until the entire hotel is completed! Congratulations to your husband on his retirement. Best wishes to him as he embarks on his next adventure. Happy travels!

Reviewed 12 May 2018

I was notified by bank of $250 charge to credit card by Amanzi, when we called to ask about it I was told it was for the comforter I Stole.. I explained it was in the closet (I put it there so 4 yr old wouldnt get it dirty. I asked them to please go check to see if it was there and was told they couldnt disturb the current guest for that. The next day I called again because I was thinking the current guest might see an extra comforter and take it. I finally got someone to check and was told yes they had located it in the closet but now I was being charged for smoking in the room. When asked why that wasnt there before I was told it was the comforter that smelled of smoke. I DONT SMOKE !! I fact I am very sensitive to smoke and cant be around it at all. I spoke with the manager who told me his maid smelled smoke on the comforter. The comforter was not inmy custody on the friday night I called and Amanzi refused to disturb the current guest... if anyone should be charged for smoke on the comforter it should be the guest that was there on friday night because no mention was made of smoking in the room until the comforter was found. The manager said I was a lier that he believed his maid. if that is his belief then he should charge the guest who stayed there last. I asked for his superior and was told there isnt one. I will never stay here again and suggest you stay somewhere else unless you want to get stuck with a $250 smoking fee even if you dont smoke.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank marrymerrymary
AmanziVenturaHotel, Public Relations Manager at Amanzi Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2018

We apologize for the confusion regarding what the charge was specifically for. Our hotel has a strict no-smoking policy that is relayed to all guests on the check-in registration. Our management works with our team when inspecting each room before the next guest is checked-in to help provide all our guests a clean room. We will continue to reviewing our policies and make adjustments as needed. We are sorry our hotel did not meet your expectations.

Reviewed 9 May 2018

This is a clean and well-kept hotel. My room rate included a good hot breakfast with a nice choice of offerings. Friendly staff. Plenty of parking, including a garage below the hotel. Close walking distance to a large number of restaurants, bars, and retail in downtown Ventura

Room tip: Ask for a room facing the city. From the map you would think the other side faces the ocean, but actually its a noisy highway.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Thanks for the feedback! We truly appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel, amenities and location. Thank you for choosing the Amanzi Hotel while in Ventura.

Reviewed 28 April 2018

We stayed here one night while we were traveling between Southern California and Northern California. Got a great deal and I had no complaints. . . other than the sound of the freeway. I always wear earplugs and they were a necessity when staying on the side of the hotel that fronts the freeway. There is no escaping the sound.

However, I loved being able to park the car and walk to the beach (turn to the right from the hotel - if looking at the street - and then another right takes you to a pedestrian bridge over the freeway). We walked to the pier and down the promenade. The proximity to the beach is awesome. After the beach we walked to the downtown area and had dinner. No car needed.

Breakfast was great and plentiful in the morning. We didn't utilize the pool, but it looked inviting. The room was spacious and the water pressure in the shower was amazing.

Room tip: Choose the non-freeway side of the hotel if possible. And always tip the housekeeping service.
Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank TulaKitty

Thanks for choosing the Amanzi Hotel during your road trip through Ventura! Our hotel is next to the freeway which offers it's challenges with the noise. But, we are glad that the value our spacious guest rooms, complimentary breakfast, and the proximity to the Beach, Pier and Downtown Ventura help make up for the freeway noise. We appreciate you taking the time to review the Amanzi Hotel. Hope to welcome you again on your next trip off the 101 Freeway.

Reviewed 24 April 2018 via mobile

The hotel is really close to the beach - just a short walk. It has a pool and a hot tub. The lobby has a little jar of cookies and sweets which the kids like. The breakfast has a variety of foods and sometimes they offer out crisps and the adults can enjoy a glass of champagne.

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you for providing your review! We are glad you and your family liked your stay with us while in Ventura and were able to enjoy the location, pool, full hot breakfast buffet and the Manager's Evening Happy Hour with wine and snacks. We hope to see you again while in Ventura.