“My absolute favorite restaurant in Ventura by far.”
Review of Lure Fish House

Lure Fish House
Ranked #1 of 450 Restaurants in Ventura
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Restaurant Hours: Happy Hour Sunday 11:30 am - 6:00 pm and Monday - Friday 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm. We have a Private Dining Room and offer Patio seating overlooking beautiful downtown Ventura! Lure Fish House was created with the goal of providing you with a Top Tier Seafood Experience featuring fresh and sustainable seafood from trusted sources. Our restaurant strives to provide locally caught seafood, organically grown local produce, and wines from local vineyards whenever possible. We also feature a full bar with specialty cocktails, and an oyster bar serving a variety of fresh items that can vary daily. Lure specializes in Mesquite charbroiled seafood while also providing uniquely prepared selections by our chef. We print our menus daily to reflect availability and guarantee freshness. Our primary goal is to provide you, our guest, a fun and exciting seafood experience. So just remember, "if you are looking for a healthy and delicious dish...Eat more fish!"
Reviewed 2 April 2018

What can I say? The best food, service and atmosphere in town. Also located in the best part of town for seeing the sights and getting a "taste" of the best in Ventura.
You have to give it a try if you are visiting - you won't be disappointed.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,264)

Reviewed 30 March 2018

I ate here with a group of ten while in town for a recent conference. There was about a 15 minute wait. While I'm not a fan of long waits, the fact that they are busy is always a good sign to me. They had a nice bar and place to hang out while we waited. Once we had a table, the server was attentive and helpful. We ordered hors d'oeuvres and they were on the table in no time, including some outstanding charbroiled oysters. I liked them so much that I ordered more as part of my main course. I also had a great salad full of fresh ingredients. Everyone at the table had great things to say about the food.

1  Thank Bernard B
Reviewed 26 March 2018

My wife, son and I went to the Lure on Tuesday March 20 to celebrate his leaving for China. Our son got Sand Dabs, my wife got steelhead trout, and I got fish and chips with clam chowder. The chowder was absolutely perfect. The fish and chips amazing, the steelhead flakey and the sand dabs were incredible. We three shared a key lime pie, which no one can compete. Our server Mark was excellent and recommended the steelhead which my wife loved.

1  Thank dtwsjw
Reviewed 25 March 2018

We liked this place so much that we went twice during our short stay in Ventura. They have such a wide selection that it's hard to choose, and the preparation emphasizes the freshness of the fish--no heavy sauces or ingredients that upstage the seafood.. Dinners come with a choice of 2 sides, which include fresh-tasting vegetables, many of them local. Their seafood choices appear consistent with the Monterey Bay Aquarium list of best choices for sustainable seafood. Portions are generous, but if you can, share one of their delicious desserts, like perfect key lime pie. Our first night server, John, enhanced our experience; he was so knowledgeable and enthusaistic about every item on the menu. We thought the prices were quite reasonable for the quality and quantity of the food.

Reviewed 18 March 2018

I wanted to give Lure a 3.5, cause it's better than a 3 but not quite a 4. The good points - they have a nice wine list especially by the glass which I really do appreciate since I usually will only have 1 glass. The rolls are also good. The fish is fine - not to die for - and the sides are just OK. They are all rather blah. I've tried to order the premium side too for an additional charge - I got brussel sprouts and they were overcooked and mushy. The rice pilaf was just plain rice with some celery and literally 2 tiny slices of mushroom. My rock fish fillets came out in 2 pieces, one was fine the other overcooked and curly. It looked like a curly fry. We were there really early and it wasn't busy so I'm surprised the kitchen let it go out that way.
Perhaps happy hour is better - I've heard the mussels and oysters are good but I don't eat those. The service is friendly and helpful. If you are looking for a good overall experience it's a good choice but if your priority is the food quality and caliber - you may do better elsewhere.

1  Thank RandRCalifornia

Been to Lure Fish House? Share your experiences!