US$172
HIExpress.com
  • Breakfast included
US$190
  • Beachfront
Crystal Lodge Motel(Ventura)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 02/08
US$132
US$98
Comfort Inn Ventura Beach(Ventura)(Great Value!)
US$110
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$135/night.

US$194
  • Pool
Free cancellation until 03/08
Book now, pay at stay
US$99
Ventura Beach Marriott(Ventura)(Great Value!)
Book now, pay at stay
US$143
Free cancellation until 01/08
US$250
US$210
All reviewsbest westernstrain tracksmain streetyogurtwalking distancethe breakfast areanice pooldefinitely stay here againconvenient locationcontinental breakfastbed was very comfortabletwo blocksrestaurants and shopsshort walk to the beachcoffee makerclose to downtownsanta barbara
Reviewed 12 October 2011

We spent two nights here while attending the Seaside Highand Games. Had a wonderful stay. We had some problems with the key card and a maintenance man came up immediately. When the problem recurred, we were given a discount on the room. Room was clean and comfortable. The breakfast is adequate and the room is cheery with an outside patio available. We'll stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CaliforniasKate
Reviewed 7 October 2011

If your idea of a hotel stay is to have trains rumbling by just a few yards from your window with deafening whistle blowing and your bed vibrating as the trains go by, then this is the place to stay. Approximately 1/3 of this motel's rooms are situated right next to the railroad tracks, and if you are given one of those rooms your goose is cooked.

Room Tip: If yoy can't avoid this property make sure you get a room very close to the lobby and as far away as possible from the railroad tracks.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank PatrickGe
Reviewed 5 October 2011

what a nice surprise. From the cookies at check-in, the great room layout, and nice looking furniture to the great breakfast. This place is a steal. It is also close to the main street where there is a very large restaurant choice.

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank dac67
05360, Manager at Best Western Plus Inn Of Ventura, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2011

Thank you for such a pleasant review. We're glad you enjoyed the cookies, we bake them here at the hotel in the morning. We hope you will come back soon to Ventura and stay with us again.

Reviewed 22 September 2011

I chose this Best Western because of if's location and it's great price. For the most part it was average as far as Best Westerns go, good location, great price, nice stafff, good basic rooms. It had one thing that knocked it down- dirty carpet, but there is a reasonable explanation - the room window is right next to the train tracks. The black dust from the train settles into the carpet. Just wear sock. The rest of the room was clean. Came with microwave, refridgerator and we had a peakaboo ocean view. Don't let the train scare you - with the window closed, it didn't disturb us at all and we really loved running to the window to watch it go buy - at night you can see the inside of the train lit up, it was like a show 4 times a day. The other thing that bumps this hotel up a notch - you are greeted with fresh baked cookies - we got yummy oatmeal raisin. It is a short walk from old town Buena Ventura. I found two great places (although I am sure there are more) I was looking for a cookie in the afternoon ( I ate my greeting cookie the day before!). First I went into My Florist Bakery on E Oak at Santa Clara. I thought I had made a mistake - it looked like a slick bar, but when I asked about the bakery, I was led to a small glass counter with some heavenly looking pastries and baquettes. Since it was almost 5 pm, they were low on baked goods, but they do half off pastries after 4 pm, so I picked up a wonderful cherry cheescake danish. Then I went to the Savory Cafe & Bakery, 419 Main St. They had cookies. Giant, delicious peanut butter, chocolate chip and chocolate cookies. They also had wonderful looking cupcakes and lots of bagels with big bowls of flavored cream cheese. I tried both the Jalepeno and green onion. Wonderful. I saw some reviews of this place on yelp that complained about the service - but I was waited on quickly by a lovely young woman. No complaints.

Room Tip: Choose a room towards the front if you don't like trains.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 September 2011

My family and I put together a last-minute mini-roadtrip for the Labor Day weekend. We visited various points between L.A. and Ventura, and since we were familiar with this hotel we decided to stay here again for our only over-night.

We booked on-line through the Best Western website, and got a better price than almost any other hotel in the area (only one was cheaper). Check-in was fast and uncomplicated.

There were 7 of us total, in 3 different rooms: 2 queens, 1 queen, and 1 king. The queen rooms were basic, while the king room had a little extra luxury: a fluffy chair and ottoman, and a more decorated restroom and vanity area. All 3 rooms, however, included the same amenities, and were oustandingly clean and comfortable. To those in our party that liked fluffy beds, it was hard to get up in the morning as the beds were exceptionally cozy. Those that prefered firmer beds found theirs tolerable.

On our last visit I had noted that the exterior needed a little work, which it has since had. The property is near a freeway and train tracks, but only one person in our party complained about the noise from the train. The rest of us found our rooms quiet, and the sound of the train unintrusive.

The continental breakfast was the same, small but adequate. Seating was limited, but if available is sunny and cheerful.

We visited the pool in the afternoon. The pool is unheated, but there is a tiny jacuzzi in one corner if a warm-up is needed. The area is small but clean, and was a nice place to relax and chat while the kids splashed around.

For dinner, we had our choice was 2 walking-distance locations: the Vagabond Inn restaurant next door, or a seafood shack called Spencer Makenzie's Fish Company about a block away. We chose the later. Although slightly pricier than expected, the food was excellent.

This Best Western was definitely worth our repeat business. The facility was excellent and the location was perfect: 2 blocks from the beach and central to our excursions in Ventura, Ojai, Santa Paula, and Fillmore.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family