1,012 results
All reviewsbest westernstrain tracksmain streetyogurtwalking distancethe breakfast areaconvenient locationnice poolbed was very comfortabletwo blockscontinental breakfastrestaurants and shopsshort walk to the beachfridge and microwavecoffee makersanta barbaraclose to downtown
Reviewed 25 January 2018

Don't be fooled by the Plus designation of this hotel; it's clearly a mistake. It's undergoing renovation which might explain why finding a parking spot is always a struggle. The spaces are too narrow for most modern day vans and construction trucks are forced to straddle 2 spaces.
Some other features are:
No USA newspapers at this site.
TV in breakfast room is only allowed to be set to local stations (according to desk gal I asked to change it)
Water heater temp set so low it is impossible to get a hot shower or bath.
There is no gym.
Rooms are very small; none come with 2 queen beds.
This location is almost sitting on tracks; 5 trains roll through every night.
Their "business office" consists of 2 computers in the entry way/breakfast area. Difficult to get any serious work done.
Not sure this hotel will become any more desirable when its redo is complete. it will still have outside entrances to each room and they will remain small.

Stayed: January 2018
2  Thank becky m
Inn_of_Ventura, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Inn Of Ventura, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2018

Hello becky m,
We thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. Our guest feedback is important to us. Our property does meet all the requirements to deem us a Best Western Plus. We do provide a complimentary local newspaper for our guests. We will have a fitness room when our remodel is finished, for the time being we offer "fitness in a bag" which many guests love and request frequently! You are correct, the train does pass by our hotel as well as neighboring hotels, businesses and residences in this area. The train was here before us and is a part of our life here. We are sorry that you had a less than satisfactory stay with us. We are looking into the issue with the hot water. We appreciate your review.

Reviewed 19 January 2018

My husband and I were in town to visit my son and his family. We have been trying different hotels to see which one is a keeper. This one is in the running. The room was more than adequate. The staff was friendly and the morning breakfast room was very nice with varied food choices. (A shout-out to Rosa and Lorena, our friendly breakfast ladies.) The hotel is convenient to the downtown Ventura area, the beach, and our son's house.

Room Tip: We had a quiet room on the first floor. No carpets in the downstairs rooms, if that matters to you.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Inn_of_Ventura, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Inn Of Ventura, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2018

Hello Dot13,
We are so pleased to hear you had a good stay. You couldn't pay us a better compliment Dot13! We appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 16 January 2018

TripAdvisor app crapped out on me so this second review will be short....
All hotels were sold out due to evacuations and I ended up getting a room here by sheer luck. I ended up staying the two extra nights here because Alice, the front desk person, was incredibly helpful, quick thinking and accomadating. THANK YOU ALICE!
The hotel is getting remodeled and my room was nice , with a bath and the bed was pretty darn good. This isn't a high end hotel by any means, nor is that its intention, but if you are passing through and need something clean and economic with great staff then stay here.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo

Hello seeitwhileyoucan!
We thank you for your review. We do wish you all the luck after the devastating events that have occurred in our counties in the last two months. Thank you for sharing your stay experience with us and we hope to welcome you back on better terms .
Take care,

Reviewed 11 January 2018

We were there on a very quiet week after New Years on way to LA. It was cheaper that week. Breakfast was good. Parking area was under construction but no problems from it. We will stay there next time.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

We appreciate your review and we look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 10 January 2018

I booked a couple of rooms at this hotel for a family vacation and arrived before the rest of my crew. This is not a nice place in terms of location, rooms, lobby, pool. I knew the rest of my family would not want to stay here. I called BW central reservations and they immediately refunded my entire stay. Thus the reason for 2 stars. I don't think I am the first guest to have this reaction.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Inn_of_Ventura, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Inn Of Ventura, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2018

Hello here&there,
We thank you for your feedback. We understand everyone is different so other reviews are our valued guests opinions. We are very sorry you were less than satisfied. We appreciate your review!
Monique B.