My husband and I read about Cumberland Island years ago and always wanted to go there. On a trip to Jacksonville, FL we decided to go up and spend a few days in Saint Marys, GA. before heading back to WI. We went on line and found a two day package that was offered on the Cumberland Inn and Suites website. The package included two nights at the hotel, a day trip to Cumberland Island including two round trip ferry tickets and a $40 dining credit. I assumed the $209+tax was per person but when I was told it was the package price for two people I figured there had to be a catch. The reservation staff at the hotel was very helpful as I called several times to ask the questions needed to ferret out the truth. Turns out, this is for real. The hotel was charming, clean and comfortable and the free breakfast was fantastic; the most lavish breakfast I’ve seen for a long time. We used the workout room with all the latest equipment all though we got a pretty good work out hiking on Cumberland Island the day after our arrival. There was a motorized trip we could have purchased from the ferry office but we decided to hoof it. The beaches were nothing less than breathtaking and we took some wonderful pictures of the wild horses. The only down side was the cool morning temp in Jan. but we peeled off layers as the day progressed and enjoyed the boat ride and hiking thoroughly.
We used our dining credit at the Borrell Creek Restaurant and paid our own way to eat at Lang’s Marina, another restaurant that was recommended. They were both excellent.
I hope they run this special for a while since we are planning to do this again on our next trip down south. This is such a worthwhile bargain in this economy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel has rooms with two Queen beds or one King bed. All rooms have micro/fridge, free WIFI,and 32" flat screen TVs. Two room suites are available with living room with sleeper sofa, full kitchen, washer/dryer, and separate bedroom with two Queens or one King bed. Complimentary deluxe continental breakfast is served daily. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and AAE Travel Pte Ltd so you can book your Cumberland Island Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cumberland Island Hotel St. Marys
- Cumberland Island Inn And Suites