Riverview Hotel(St. Marys)
US$91
US$84
US$55
TripAdvisor
All reviewswasher and dryerlaminate flooringsausage biscuitsfull kitchencontinental breakfastroom was cleanbagelsfruit cupferry ticketsking bedcoffee makerthe hotel staffnational seashorefitness centerwould stay againgreat place to stayliving room
Reviewed 9 June 2010

We decided to visit Cumberland Island and Okefenokee Swamp (GA) from SC on the May holiday weekend. In researching online their package offer was 2 nights room, $40 dinner credit and 2 ferry tickets to the island for $199. That made the room $125 for 2 nights. The restaurant was excellent and the island trip was wonderful. We checked out on day 2 and drove about 30 miles to Okefenokee, then home. You can tell that they have remodeled recently and upgraded fixtures. Only disappointment was the wi-fi was down. Breakfast bar was substantial. We'd go there again.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank southernyankee
Reviewed 18 April 2010

This is as close as one can get to the town of St Marys and the Cumberland Island Ferry, without being in the village itself. We spent just one night. The rate was good, and the breakfast was fine. The packaged biscuits and sausage were actually good, my husband reports. The frig was there, working, but a bit hard to open (tilting floor?) The only drawback was the odd smell when we arrived. It cleared out after we blew a lot of fresh air into the room. Was it insecticide? If so, we should not have breathed it. It might have been some cleaning product. Be sure to get a nonsmoking room. Ours was, but perhaps not always. . .

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 August 2009

As far as I am concerned there is no other place to stay in St. Marys! You can't ask for anything better than what you will get at the Cumberland Inn and Suites. The suite is the largest by far that I have ever seen, it consists of two rooms filled with everything you might need. The suite has one room filled with a couch, chair, coffee table, tv, and a huge hot tub.
The other room has everything you might need desk, tv, ref., microwave, coffee maker, large bathroom and the most wonderful bed I have ever slept in. I had the best nights sleep!! The staff and housekeeping are wonderful and are very accommodating. The breakfast that they serve is a lot better than ones I have paid for. Excellent selection and quality of food! I would not only recommend the Cumberland Inn and Suites, it is your only choice for a wonderful, quiet and relaxing stay. The place is well kept inside and out. A great place to bring your kids, great pool!!!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GoatyCanton
Reviewed 25 July 2009

As soon as I walked into the lobby, the odd smell hit me. But I thought that maybe it was dirty mop water or something. The same horrible
smell was in the room also. I turned the A/C on high hoping that maybe
that would help. It never did. The maid was cleaning the room next door, which was the suite we would be moving to the next day, and I poked my
head in - it smelled too! I used the phonebook to locate a place down the street which was significantly bigger, cheaper and no smell! Our stay - less than 1 hour. Oh and the bathroom had mold spots all over the shower - poor housekeeping.
If you are looking for a great place, try the HomeTown Stuido Suites about 1 mile down the road. They are about 500 times better!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank weatherchick
Reviewed 9 July 2009

We stayed here for three days for a wedding at the end of June. We had a comfortable suite. This was not a top notch place to stay but it was worth the money. I would have liked the maid service to be a little better. We didn't always receive replacement coffees and such. The carpet could have been scrubbed and the air conditioner smelled from time to time. That said, it was very roomy and I would stay there again. The breakfast and dining area was great. The pool had some algae but overall we did have a great stay. It's a safe bet if you're in St. Mary's. Ask for the suite. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple