“We would recommend”
Review of The Neon

The Neon
Ranked #2 of 14 Fun & Games in Dayton
Reviewed 29 December 2015

We went today for the first time. We parked for free where the old bus station used to be. Next we walked across the street and we were there. They have a small lobby and sell food/drinks. It is $7.00 for matinees. The theater was small and every seat was taken during our show. I would recommend coming here.

Reviewed 16 November 2015

Dayton area residents are lucky to have the Neon, an independent movie theater that shows movies we might not otherwise see. In addition to showing films that the big box theaters don't, they also present foreign films, documentaries, and host film festivals (e.g. Jewish, LGBT, women's). The Neon has two small showing rooms, so there is a variety on any night. The theater has snacks and is adjacent to plenty of parking. They also offer a senior discount. As it is two blocks from the Oregon District there are some great, indie restaurants nearby. It's a good date night experience.

Reviewed 19 September 2015

While the location of this theater isn't the greatest, it's worth supporting. They support not only independent films, but also locally produced films and festivals. I try to visit at least a couple times a year when I'm bored with typical Hollywood films.

Movies worth noting I've viewed at Neon:
Me, Earl, and the Dying Girl.
The Imitation Game
The Grand Budapest Hotel

Reviewed 3 September 2015

Best place ever to meet up with friends and catch a movie. Free parking across 5th street. Oregon District one block away. That is just how convenient the location is!

The Neon offers great movies. From mainstream films to indies to documentaries: there is always something of interest there. I actually have attended films I had not heard of before just because it was showing there. I trust the instinct and passion of the owners to bring quality films to the area.

The lobby has a number of table and chairs. You can have a glass of wine, bottle of beer, or my winter favorite of hot chocolate and Bailey's. You may also take the food and drink inside the theater.

There are two screens. These are smaller, more intimate settings with comfortable seats. People will actually laugh out loud and clap for the hero. You don't come here to see a movie. You come here with an opportunity to enjoy the movie!

You may also sign up to receive the weekly emailed movie details. Well written and useful info on current offerings, showing times, and upcoming films. This is not a snazzy PR piece but more like a note from a friend.

If you are visiting Dayton, check this out. If you are from this area and have never been to the Neon, the next time you are thinking of catching a movie check the Neon out.

Reviewed 25 August 2015

I love the neon movie theater. Excellent independent movies and a warm and friendly atmosphere! A wide variety of films!

Been to The Neon? Share your experiences!