“Great independent theatre”
Review of The Neon

The Neon
Ranked #2 of 16 Fun & Games in Dayton
Reviewed 9 April 2016 via mobile

My husband and I enjoy seeng shows at the Neon. The theaters are intimate and comfortable, prices are reasonable (and on Tuesdays shows cost only $5), and the concessions are more interesting and less expensive than multiplex cinemas. I enjoy that they serve Boston Stoker coffee beverages. Staff members are friendly and helpful and seem to truly appreciate their patrons.

All reviews
"movie theaters"
"film"
in 10 reviews

Reviewed 23 March 2016 via mobile

A very European feel with beer, wine or mixed drinks to choose from.
Always a great venue to see Indie or overlooked foreign films.
We have enjoyed it for years.
This trip we sa The Lady in the Van. Touching with great humor.

Reviewed 29 December 2015

We went today for the first time. We parked for free where the old bus station used to be. Next we walked across the street and we were there. They have a small lobby and sell food/drinks. It is $7.00 for matinees. The theater was small and every seat was taken during our show. I would recommend coming here.

Reviewed 16 November 2015

Dayton area residents are lucky to have the Neon, an independent movie theater that shows movies we might not otherwise see. In addition to showing films that the big box theaters don't, they also present foreign films, documentaries, and host film festivals (e.g. Jewish, LGBT, women's). The Neon has two small showing rooms, so there is a variety on any night. The theater has snacks and is adjacent to plenty of parking. They also offer a senior discount. As it is two blocks from the Oregon District there are some great, indie restaurants nearby. It's a good date night experience.