“Nice neighborhood spot”

Cedarland Bakery & Restaurant
Ranked #162 of 775 Restaurants in Dayton
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Reviewed 24 August 2017

I stopped in here after a business trip and ordered the chicken shawarma plate. It came with hummus and tabouleh which were both good. The place has a store front where you can buy middle eastern sweets and etc.

Reviewed 8 March 2017

I came in for dinner. I saw a sign that said buffet Saturday from 1-8. It had the price 15.99 scratched off and 12.99 written on it. It was around 6 PM. The buffet had a whole bunch of aluminum containers such as those you would see when you catered food. The food was not warm and dry. Some of the items only had scraps left and they did not bring out fresh food. They had a few meat items. The pitas were not warm or fresh and were still in their commercial bags. You had to you paper utensils and cups. No service and you had to take out your own trash. It you do decide to eat here, don't tip since there is no service. There was like only 1 item that tasted okay. They also have a bakery where you order items a la carte. I would suggest that and maybe the food is better there.

Reviewed 12 February 2017

The food that we ordered was great! Shawarma chicken sandwich was great the bread was thin and crisp it didn't overwhelm the chicken I could actually tast what was inside. The hummus was smooth and tasty, The tabouille salad had a nice lemon flavor that didn't overwhelm the or make it too tart. The Baba Ghannouj (egg plant dip) didn't sound great to me to my suprise it was as tasty as the hummus.Fa

Reviewed 28 June 2016

Cedarland is the quintessential hole-in-the-wall restaurant where the ambience is understated, but the food is fabulous! The Lebanese proprietors know what they're doing. I recommend ordering the kafta with extra taboule, or the chicken shawarma with extra garlic sauce. Spectacular!

Reviewed 28 February 2016 via mobile

I order the Meat Sampler. The Tabuleh salad was excellent, the grape leaves were good, the hummus very tasty. However the rice was disappointing. Lots of rice but very meager specks of meat. How can this be called a Meat Sampler with so little meat? I paid 11.99 for this and took this out. I found this to be expensive and feel 9.99 would be more appropriate. I am upset that they called it a Meat Sampler and it was almost vegetarian due to the stinginess of the meat portions. I checked out the buffet for 14.99 and that looked fantastic!!! Wish I would have known about the buffet before calling my order in.