“Sort of a NY Deli- food is good”

Mellie's New York Deli
Ranked #250 of 619 Restaurants in Bradenton
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Mellie's NY Deli is more Italian than Jewish. That's not to say there is no Jewish food, but it's not a traditional Jewish deli. That being said, the food is good. I had a Veggie wrap. My sister had a chicken wrap. I had a three-bean salad that was very good. Don't plan on kissing anyone after you eat it though...it's got lots of Garlic. My sister had a pasta salad side that she said was very good and she took home 2 knishes ( I don't have the verdict on them yet).

All in all the prices are reasonable, the service was good. They do take-out too. So as long as you don't expect a true Jewish deli you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

Ordered the knish. It was a spinach/mushroom knish. It was good. Wanted to get corned beef but they were out. Kind of disappointing. But we were there an hour before they closed. Since she gets it from NY I'll give her a pass on this. So I had the pastrami sandwich on rye. It was marble rye so I was a little disappointed with that. I guess I was expecting NY rye which it wasn't. The pastrami was very good though. Someone else ordered the Liberty Hero which was very good. Didn't have any bagels while we were there. She gets her bagels from NY delivered daily. I was hoping to get a salt bagel which is a staple in N.Y. She doesn't get those yet. Hopefully next time I go back she'll have salt bagels and corned beef. I will return to give it another try.

Reviewed 19 January 2018

I have been waiting for a good NY deli here in Bradenton for years. No luck until today when we discovered Mellie's NY Deli. The bagels were fresh and perfect. The menu has about every dish you could want. The service was excellent and so was the food. Stop in for a great lunch and you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed 16 November 2017 via mobile

Stopped in to order a party tray for a party. Efficient friendly staff. Nice neighborhood eatery. Outside seating available too.