“Yummy good family fun!”

O'Brien Family Farms
Ranked #12 of 74 things to do in Bradenton
Reviewed 2 April 2018

I went with my daughter and her 4 kiddos. The boys 4 and 3 loved their "finds" of super red juicy strawberries hidden under leaves! they quickly filled their buckets! We each "wore" the 8 month old twins as fields are narrow. We love the other fresh produce available to buy and lunch inside at a nice table along with outside booths where we enjoyed the best strawberry shortcake my daughter ever ate! Boys loved sitting on the real tractor and rocking chairs were great!!Great family memory!

All reviews
in 6 reviews
"rocking chairs"
"farmers market"
in 2 reviews
"staff was very friendly"
"smoothies"
in 8 reviews
"tractor"
"plants"

Reviewed 3 March 2018

Come here every season to pick our own strawberries - which as I post my pictures on Facebook are the envy of all my Northern friends. Can't get any fresher than picking strawberries, getting home and eating them minutes later. Other great produce as well.

Reviewed 19 February 2018

Been looking for a place somewhat close to pick our own strawberries and O'Briens didn't disappoint. You can choose from hydrophonically grown or the traditional way. This time the traditional way looked better. There is also a small deli type place inside to get some food and strawberry shortcake ( heard it was delicious but didn't try it this time). We will be back for sure.

Reviewed 15 February 2018

My wife had the strawberry shortcake and even though it was huge she didn't want to share any with me because it was so good. The few bites I good were delicious.

I had a strawberry-peach smoothie. Easily the best smoothie I have ever had. Obviously they used real fruit. It does have some yogurt in it but all I tasted was the fruit.

They also have some reasonably priced quality fruit and produce. Plus a few other things like meats, cheese, eggs, etc.

I know we will be going back several times while we are in the area and right before we leave.

They are closed Monday and Tuesday.

See more reviews
Reviewed 11 February 2018

My wife and I decided to take a little mini road trip. A little 40 minute drive to this place to be outdoors in the spring time air. Strawberries were on sale for $2.99 lb. The pickins were good and the strawberries were really sweet. The weather was just right. The people were hospitable and friendly. There are interactive childrens' activities, a working beehive, herb plants, berry picking and products from local businesses. We picked up about 1.5 lbs of strawberries, summer sausage (very tasty), horseradish mustard (also very tasty), 2 GIANT apples, Popi's Greek salad dressing (THE BEST GREEK DRESSING I EVER HAD), a diet coke and a strawberry milkshake for $27. They have a small but very affordable lunch menu wiht pulled pork sandiwches, BLT's, hot dogs etc...etc.,.. that my wife and I will partake in or next visit. All kinds of jams and jellies. You also have to try the BBQ sauce and the Florida Style nacho chips that are made locally.