“Great food Great Dinning”

Tandoor Indian Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 630 Restaurants in Bradenton
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 2 October 2018

Our first time there. Nice atmosphere, prompt service. Delicious food. Best Indian food we have had so far from Port Charlotte to Sarasota.

Tandoor_Sarasota, Owner at Tandoor Indian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2018

Hi Leeni,

Your review is so appreciated and we can't wait to serve you again. See you soon!!

Reviewed 28 September 2018

I have now enjoyed Tandoor several times since I moved to Lakewood Ranch. Every once in a while when I get the need for heat, only Indian food will do. And the food at Tandoor satisfies that need, and is outstanding as well.

We are so thankful for your positive review! We are excited to serve you again and hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 26 September 2018 via mobile

Been here many times. Food is always good. Need to tighten up some service aspects. We always order naan bread with our drinks as soon as we sit. Sometimes naan comes quickly sometimes 15/20 minutes later. Soup seems to take way longer that it should. We usually have to flag down our waiter and ask about soup and naan. We get a lame excuse of one sort or another but then the soup arrives. Sometimes the main course arrives too quickly after the soup. Always leave satisfied though. Really good selection of entrees and spiced to order. Vanity is a super waitress. Ask for her and have a great experience. She is a sweetheart. Tip her well!

1  Thank rick k

Hello Rick,

Thank you for your honest and nice review. It gives us a chance to get better in our process and be better moving forward. Hope to see you soon again!

Reviewed 24 September 2018

My husband and I were among the first to arrive for dinner. Soon after we were seated another group arrived and were seated at the table next to us. They were obviously friends of someone there, perhaps the owner. Our server went to their table over a dozen times while we sat there ignored. Never checked on us once. I had to ask for a drink refill as well as the check. I give the restaurant a 5 for food but a 1 for service.
We are normally big tippers but left less than 15% and he didn’t even deserve that. I let the girl at the front know what happened as we were leaving. She apologized but it’s the waiter who should be sorry. We just moved into town and are looking for good places to eat, it’s a shame that Tandoor missed the mark.

Dear Kathy,

We are so sorry for your experience and the awful service, we were clearly not on our A-Game. Your review will help us improve our processes and train our staff better. We would appreciate the opportunity to make it up to you and show you we are capable of providing excellent service. Please email me at Maini.tandoor@gmail.com so we can work out your next visit.

Reviewed 21 September 2018

Although we enjoy Indian Food at Tandoor it came out a bit cold and undercooked, it s a very small place and I wasn't impressed with the interior design of the place at all with waffle house style booths for dinner, A little overpriced for the Quality becuase it came out cold and looked like it had been sitting for a while plus a little expensive for the quality and service, kind of like a chinese buffet so I have to give it 3 stars although we enjoyed the little bar and loved the menu, just needs a little help, also our waitress might have been having a bad day, she was very cold and short with us almost catty even ,she seemed to have this annoyed look and upbruptfulness from me asking, we didn't get the attention we needed whatsoever my water was empty for at least 30 min and it wasn't busy at all, she also seemed to have a bit of sass with other wait staff members , maybe the Mngmt aren't able to "herd their staff" well enough or are understaffed?? should be manageable for a small place there were only 4 other tables besides us. 19 year old servers shouldn't be taking the initiative upon themselves to manage the restaurant, maybe and "E" effort, just wish that effort would have also been put into our tableside service which seemed to be nill. particularly because of the lack of good service , undercooked food and primitive customer experience, I'd say I would have gotten better tableside service at the Chinese Super Buffet, at least my water would have been filled sorry, I do like the way the food was cooked however taste wise, just not how it was served, too cold and poor tableside service.

1  Thank 752jeffrey
Tandoor_Sarasota, Owner at Tandoor Indian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 6 days ago

Hi Jeffrey,

I'm not even sure what to start with because there is so much listed that we need to improve on in your review. Please email me at Maini.tandoor@gmail.com so we could discuss in detail and hopefully change your perception moving forward.