“Awesome wings and no gators to bother you.”

R J Gators Restaurant
Ranked #63 of 527 Restaurants in Bradenton
Cuisines: American, Caribbean, Seafood
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 5 August 2017

he need. Ordered regular, deep fried with mild sauce and served large, meaty wings along with another serving of a spinach/asiago dip with near stale chips. Our guests had a 20-piece order of wings with lots of heat! Overall, it was a good choice but skip the dip.

Reviewed 29 June 2017

I was looking for something different for a family of 14, and one little nephew loves alligators, and ran across this while googling. Decided we would give it a try, and totally LOVED it. Our waitress was so great with all of us, and handled the three kids so well. The food was so good, and the portion servings were HUGE. Some of us decided to try a few drinks and the size of those glasses they came out in were big enough for 3 or 4 to share. Will be back again.

Reviewed 21 June 2017

We have not been to R.J. Gators for about 12 or 13 years, before the chain with the same name failed, and the current owner was able to buy the name and resurrect this location.The decor is much the same as we remember, with some minor improvements. The menu featured many of the same dishes that was offered years ago.
One of my wife's favorites was the Gorgonzola Burger and it is still available. It was done properly and came with fries. I had the Cuban Sandwich with fries and their coleslaw. I have had Cuban Sandwiches all over and this was as good as any I have had. The only minor criticism is they did go a little heavy on the mayo. The coleslaw is a Gator's specialty and different from any other. We arrived at happy hour so draft Sweetwater 420 was enjoyed in their large mug. We didn't have room but would have been curious if their dessert called the Gazookie was still as good. That is definitely as two spoon special. The bill came to about $14 per person. Definitely a recommend for out of towners with their funky decor and fresh fish options.

Reviewed 31 May 2017

Service could have been better but food was OK. More of a bar than restaurant. Wasn't all that bad, but I think there are better options in the area.

Reviewed 7 May 2017

the day time bartender was never nice to us<why? don't know but last time will ever be the last. she didn't smile and only got a mumble as a greeting. hadn't been in a long time, now I know why. 3 people at the bar when we got there and 9 when we left. the service was horrible and when we started to leave my out of town friend had a question and I said Nancy, not loudly or nasty .but she turned around with this ugly nasty look on her face and screamed, WHAT? This is after we tipped 20%. I tell everyone who ask about restaurants I recommend , don't go there, horrible day bartender. Why would someone who depends on tips be so nasty? The other places we go to love us. we are never trouble or demanding , always nice and tip 20% sometime more . will never go back and will bad mouth when ever I can.