“good food but terrible waiter”

Eastern Palace Restaurant
Ranked #251 of 375 Restaurants in Bethlehem
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 22 November 2017

I've eaten here many times over the years. at least a few times per year my whole family goes. The food is always good. I've never had anything i didnt like. Its always fresh, hot and tasty. The waiter however is literally the worst waiter ever. This restaurant has probably 50 tables but most of the time there's only 3-6 tables where people are eating. The waiter though keeps walking by yelling "TOO BUSY!! TOO BUSY!!! CAN'T YOU SEE WE'RE BUSY!!! CRAZY BUSY!!!" this has happened at least 3 times (always the same guy). Once he finally comes your way he's SUPER rude. He yells almost illegible English, snatches menus out of your hand, throws napkins at you, reaches right in front of you. He has to be someone's relative that they let work there or something.. ugh... the last time we were there he was extremely rude to my autistic son who is the sweetest kid you'll ever meet. I almost gave him an ear full and walked out. This waiter is the #1 reason I'll probably stop coming here. A shame really.

Reviewed 21 June 2017

I used to go to this place more often, but hadn't been lately. The food is excellent, although the place could use some renovations. We sat in a booth and the seat felt like we were sitting on a balloon - lumpy and rolling us all around. The waiter, while not overly-friendly, did keep our water glasses full. We each ordered a dinner, and easily took half home. Plenty of food, good tasting. Good prices also. It's hard to find a good Chinese restaurant where you can sit down and be waited on.

Reviewed 10 August 2016

After settling into my room at the view my husband and I went out for an early dinner. We went to the eastern palace. We were the only customers there. The service was great ( not surprisingly) . The food however was not fresh. It tasted as if it had been sitting out for a while. My husband has a very good nose and his nose knows when something doesn't smell right.

Reviewed 14 April 2016 via mobile

Hands down Hunan springs is the best Chinese in the valley. But it's a hike. Eastern is hit or miss. Today we had a great meal. But the service was just the worst. I really wonder if our sullen waitress is trafficked. On the plus side they have a bar!

Reviewed 18 March 2016 via mobile

Family went just before the Christmas holiday. It was empty at 7:30 pm. All the apps we ordered were greasy and overcooked. We ordered a whole crispy duck, chow fun noodles with shrimp, and sautéed green beans. They used to have good duck, but the quality has declined. Table was too small and waiter did not stop over to remove dishes so we had to be creative and balance them. We did not enjoy our dining experience. We discovered a sit down Chinese restaurant in Center Valley that is great quality and variety and we'll be going there from now on even though we'll have a longer drive.