“Just so-so.”
Review of Tapas on Main

Tapas on Main
Reserve with OpenTable
Tapas on Main is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 356 Restaurants in Bethlehem
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: W Market Street
Reviewed 1 July 2017

We were greeted at the door with a "How may I help you?" rather than, "Table for how many?, etc" That first question threw us off. :) The restaurant was full so we were seated in the adjoining restaurant.

The variety of tapas was average considering it's a Tapas restaurant and only took up half a page of the menu. Having said that, the choices of tapas we selected were delicious and we enjoyed it. The portions were perfect for 2 of us to share.

Our server was very attentive, but maybe too attentive. She attempted to clear the plates while we were still eating and offered the check to us as she was clearing the last plate. There were a lot of available tables where we were seated and we were unhappy that we felt rushed out. I also had to ask for more water, which wasn't cold.

We liked it, but our overall experience was only so-so. I would recommend it for a quick meal but nothing more.

Reviewed 8 June 2017 via mobile

I ate here a few times during my stay. The food is delicious and the menu has lots of variety. I cannot have beef/dairy products but was able to find things to eat on the menu, which had sheep or goat cheese options. My vegetarian friend was equally satisfied with the choices. I didn't order them but they have homemade sangrias which sounded really tasty. Outdoor seating was delightful on a nice night and the interior is nicely decorated. This restaurant gets crowded so make a reservation or be prepared to wait. My new go to spot when visiting Bethlehem.

Reviewed 25 May 2017 via mobile

Seafood chowder was a great choice. Others at my table had the flatbreads which also were good. Very lengthy and interesting sangria list. Nice atmosphere.

Reviewed 24 May 2017

We were a party of 8 for graduation weekend. Reservation made in February. Three phone calls to confirm reservation and they still could not get it right. Our server was inept, and the food was overly sweet (yes, sweet!), and just blah at best. The French bistro side has always been excellent, but cannot explain the Tapas side fail. Twenty minutes to get a bottle of wine - response to where is the wine: "We are bringing up the bottle". The saving grace of this disastrous dinner was the manager. She came to pick up the tab 10 minutes later and to clear the table. She asked how we enjoyed our dinner, and there were crickets... She wanted to make it right, and she was so kind, but we were done. We will chalk it up to one really inept server and graduation weekend. Such a disappointment and waste of money. Thank goodness Wegmans is open 24 hours...

Reviewed 23 May 2017

Had to wait even with reservations. Hostess had an attitude and said we can try somewhere else nearby.

Been to Tapas on Main? Share your experiences!