“Expensive”

Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: East Third Street
Description: Tempt your palate with distinctive culinary creations at Emeril's premier restaurant on the East Coast.
Reviewed 21 March 2017 via mobile

We decided to have dinner here on a Friday night after seeing a show at the sands. Some of the tables are a tad close together so there was no privacy there. Our water glasses were immediately filled once seated and handed out menus. I started off with a cocktail from the menu called winter Jamaican. It was $10 and a very small glass but made well. My boyfriend had a craft beer. Their selection of beer and cocktails was small, pricey and unimpressive. We shared a crab cake as an appetizer which was $12. It was small and had too much filler. I then ordered a French onion soup and maybe ate a quarter of it. It was thick and more like a basting sauce rather than a soup. For dinner I chose the chop salad. It was small but very tasty. My boyfriend had the bone in ribeye, medium rare. The outside had a fair amount of char but the inside was cooked to temp. We finished with a creme brulee and dessert wines. Bill came to $209 without tip. Honesty for the price, it certainly wasn't worth it. I'd prefer to eat at Gordon Ramsey and pay that amount.

Reviewed 20 March 2017

We really like this spot and it makes it a nice destination when leaving NYC and taking a drive to a casino and having a really nice upscale spot to fine dine in. The Manager is great, as is the wait staff, however there is one hostess, that needs training in how to meet and greet and smile. She is like the walking dead and makes us not want to eat there. This particular trip we got there early so I asked her 3 hours before if we could eat at 5:30PM, I showed her the area we wanted to sit in as my DAd was with us and he has a hearing issue and there is a nice cozy corner for us to sit in and chat and its good for his hearing. I explained this all to her, as I did the last 3 times we have gone there. SO when it was time for our reservation, the 3 of us walked in and she brings us to a completely different area, we pointed out to her was had requested to her 3 hours earlier that we needed the corner area, she just looked at us like we spoke some foreign language. She then proceeded to walk like a zombie to the area we especially requested, she has a strange look on her face, my husband even asked her if she had some problem, she barely answered,

Honestly she really upset us and it took awhile to settle down from her attitude. I am not sure if I can go back there if she is there. I would expect the restaurant would have better management training. She does not belong in the front of the house to welcome people. This is a place out in the boon docks with NYC prices, so yes, I do expect all the bells and whistles.

The manager was very understanding and really a with it guy that understands hospitality, also the waiters are all excellent too and well trained. This woman has to go. The people next to us also said that had a strange feeling about her too.

1  Thank ELSUSHI921
Reviewed 14 March 2017

Food very good but priced very high so take allot of money. Waiters are very polite and helpful Food done in a very timely manner

Reviewed 9 March 2017

Inside the Sands casino. The wedge salad was very good. Filets were served with a variety of sauces. A variety of preps are available to accompany the filets. The menu is ala carte. Service was attentive. Valet parking. Expensive.

Reviewed 7 March 2017

Loving taking some special time with my friend and having dinner here. Always make re than enough portions for our meals and still leave with doggy bag. You can't beat the bana pudding pir