“fun, interesting place with attentive, friendly staf”
Review of Social Still

Social Still
Reserve with OpenTable
Social Still is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 356 Restaurants in Bethlehem
Price range: US$12 - US$24
Description: ARE WE A RESTAURANT? A BAR? A DISTILLERY? YES! WE ARE ALL THOSE THINGS. WE ARE A DESTINATION LIKE NO OTHER. We built our facility inside a prohibition era bank building. A building that is an institution to the great south side. We are now starting its next chapter. Inside you will find a one of a kind tasting room. Come in and enjoy our signature cocktails paired perfectly to our incredible food menu in a sophisticated environment. Come in for lunch, dinner, tastings, tours, or just chill out in our lounge. Whatever you choose you will be amazed by the stunning view of our state-of-the-art distilling equipment.
Reviewed 2 September 2017 via mobile

We had a very nice meal here before a show at steel stacks. We fortunately made a reservation for 6:30 on Thursday because it was very busy when we arrived but kind of empty by the time we left at 7:45. When my husband made the reservation, he told them it was a special night out for us and they seated us at a private table for 2 inside the vault- very private and cute. I appreciated the effort on their part. I really enjoyed the calamari. The pretzel was huge and awesome!burbon in the cheese dip was very strong, my husband thought it was too much but I thought it was good. The tuna tacos were ok ( a little too much lemon but still good) and my husband loved the salmon blt. The wine list was limited. My husband enjoyed the voodoo cocktail- squid ink?! Overall it was a fun, interesting place with attentive, friendly staff. Portion size was perfect and very reasonably priced. Nothing knocked my socks off or I would've given it 5 stars but it's definitely worth a visit.

Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

This is a cool place. Great atmosphere and outstanding food. There was nothing I didn't enjoy. Our drinks were great too. There was quite a selection of speciality drinks and food.

Reviewed 26 July 2017

A group of 18 of us came for lunch on a recent Saturday. Because we were such a large group, we had arranged to have a "tasting" lunch of about 7 different menu items. Every dish was great! The short rib tacos were probably my favorite. In a soft shell, the meat was seasoned well and the salsa came on the side in case you're not into it. We tried both the truffled fries and the regular fries. Both were excellent. The bacon bourbon BBQ burger was loaded with flavors that all worked together. The social stack burger was good, but nothing outstanding there. I didn't especially care for the cheddar, bacon, bourbon fondue, but the rest of the gang scarfed it up and raved.
On to the drinks... every one that I tasted was a "lose your clothes" kind of drink. I had the Restoration and could have gotten drunk on the fruit in it. The Smooch Cosmo had a good flavor, but it also was way too strong for me. I heard similar complaints from others in the group. The Moscow Mule seemed to be the favorite. I'm sure the intent was to showcase their products, but it could have been done with a little less product.
The building itself was worth the visit. An old bank was converted to house the distillery and restaurant, so lots of architectural details make it an interesting venue. The original vaults are re-purposed and still intact. The huge arched windows allow light in and are so much prettier than today's plain squares of glass.
All in all, I would definitely go back and can recommend it to almost everyone. It's not a place you'd want to take children.

Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

The best burger, "everyday I'm trufflin' burger" with truffle cheddar, mushrooms, arugula, pickled red onion and truffle aioli. What could be better but a side of truffled hand cut fries. Truffle cheddar, truffle salt and truffle oil with creamy truffle dip. Did I say I love truffles? The short rib tacos were delicious. An individual in our party has serious food aversion and the waitress was exceptionally accommodating. I will return to try the rest of the menu.

Reviewed 21 July 2017

The restaurant is gorgeous inside as it is a converted bank complete with a vault and a gorgeous marble interior. One can view the stills through a large glass enclosure which is breathtaking. My friend and I ordered the charcuterie platter. This was beautifully done and had a lovely and varied spread of delicious options. I ordered an apricot drink and it was extremely stiff and unbalanced. I could not finish it. I also ordered the scallops which came on peanut sauce noodles wrapped in seaweed like sushi. It was interesting but not in a good way. The scallops were extremely salty. I urge the chefs to taste what they create before they send it out because there is no way this dish should have left the kitchen. I may try them again but I am wary after this experience.

1  Thank Gnataly