1,711 results
All reviews the main lodge ski valet west wing mammoth mountain rental shop general store front desk manager ski resort lift tickets the general manager shuttle bus ski boots queen bed ski season bedroom condo shuttle service death valley
Reviewed 20 June 2017

Hailey and Hillary bent over backwards to meet our needs due to a change of plans and dates. They both exceeded expectations. The rooms at the inn were very good and reflected the very hard work of the staff. Our breakfast in the inn's restaurant was excellent and once again the kitchen and waitstaff went the extra distance to accommodate our need.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Matthew W, Guest Relations Manager at Mammoth Mountain Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent stay at our hotel. I'm very pleased to hear how our staff made a lasting impression. I will be sure to pass along your appreciation to Hailey and Heidi or Lauren (we don't have a Hillary at MMI :) at least that I know of). I will also pass along your delicious breakfast comments to the restaurant.

We express gratitude for your review and look forward to hosting your party again soon

Reviewed 14 June 2017 via mobile

Disappointing, it must have been very nice when first opened but now it is in need of serious renovation.
I asked for a room with a view and balcony. The view was alright ( of the parking lot and the main skilift station). There were no chairs on the balcony and the balcony was really a gallery running past all the rooms. Some of the wood construction was rotten and the balcony in that section sagging, supported by a wooden beam. A strut of the big roof of the main lobby was rotten as well at ground level. The room was adequate, nice king size bed.
The sprinkler head was hanging loose off the ceiling in the bathroom. Carpeting on the floor tatty.
At those prices not a hotel to return to; sorry to say.
The location of course is great!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 June 2017

I am currently staying here at this hotel. The room is very small and dated. The bathroom looks like something I would get in a very cheap motel. Internet is spotty. Considering the prices here, I am disappointed with the stay. I would not book here again.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Matthew W, Guest Relations Manager at Mammoth Mountain Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2017

Dear Angela,

We regret that on certain levels we haven't been able to meet your expectations. Please know that upon your check in for your 1 night stay which was at 3:50pm, we do have numerous staff members around to help with any concerns. Had we known about your concerns, we would have tried to resolve them as quickly as possible. Our standard two queen rooms do hold a square footage of 335 sq ft and we try to keep our prices reasonable for a Friday night, even when we are almost 100% full as we were during your stay.

We express gratitude for your review and please contact me directly if you choose to give us another opportunity to exceed your previous experience.

Reviewed 6 June 2017

Our stay was not the best there. I found out that some rooms are not in the lodge itself. We got an annexed building with underground parking that are on stilts and very difficult to maneuver the vehicle to park without damaging or scratching. Just a safety precaution. We got there a little late at check-in (10:00 pm) and received no service from the bell hop. There was absolutely no parking in our designated area and I believe they do not check for extra unregistered vehicles parked there. I had to park down the hill at an overflow parking and got lost hiking our luggage up with no proper navigation map from the front counter to our building. In the morning we went to the main lodge restaurant for breakfast at 9:30 am. We asked about a special food selection and the receptionist recommended also recommended the ski house cafeteria. We were not told however that their breakfast closed at 10:00 am and returned late after not wanting the ski house cafeteria. I spoke with the front desk manager and explained the communication breakdown and was projected with a blank expressionless face. I asked for an alternative in the village and got very little recommendations. It seems they just want there own business and do not want to Astonish the customer. I expected more.

Stayed: May 2017

Dear Silvio,

Thank you for taking out time to give us your valuable feedback. It is our continuous endeavor to achieve maximum guest satisfaction and can only be done by your feedback. We apologize for any inconvenience caused to you. We do have our bell staff on until roughly 10pm every night and am sorry your party missed them. Our underground parking is available for any guest of the hotel. It is on a first come first serve basis and not reserved for particular buildings. We do check our parking garage and various other lots close to each building for unregistered vehicles. If any vehicle is found to be illegally parked or with no Parking Permit displayed, we are quick to resolve the issue. I do apologize you missed our signs as we have many around the property to help all guests navigate during the day, at night and even in stormy conditions. I do apologize that you missed our breakfast which is open from 7am-10am every morning with the Main Lodge cafeteria still serving until 10:30am. The Sierra General Store usually has breakfast burritos, breakfast sandwiches, pastry items and yogurt until past 10am as well in case you miss the breakfast times. I will be sure to speak to the restaurant and our front desk agents to make sure all are notifying guests about the opening/closing times, directions to and from rooms, and that we can help with luggage assistance if any guests requests it.

We express gratitude for your review and have addressed the concerns which you have faced. I assure you we are working diligently to ensure a similar situation does not occur again in the future.

Reviewed 6 June 2017 via mobile

I came for a June ski trip and wasn't disappointed. The hotel is a ski in ski out property at the base of Mammoth Mountain. I was greeted by two very professional, friendly and extremely helpful people at the front desk. Matthew and Hailey. I arrived earlier than expected but that was no problem Matthew found me an extremely nice room that was ready immediately. Eric, also very nice and helpful saw to it my luggage was delivered to my room quickly. The whole experience was a ten for customer service. The Hotel is awesome. The skiing and weather is amazing !

Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Matthew W, Guest Relations Manager at Mammoth Mountain Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2017

Dear Eric,

Thank you for your very kind review about your recent stay. I'm glad to hear we made a great impression on you and were able to get you into a room early :). I will be sure to pass along your gratitude to Hailey and Eric and to everyone else at the hotel who was able to make your stay a ten.

We express gratitude for your review and look forward to hosting you again soon.