1,037 results
All reviews eagle lodge front desk full kitchen chair lift ski lift bedroom condo the shuttle driver underground parking heated pool free shuttle off season ski school lift tickets during summer sofa bed mammoth mountain short drive
Reviewed 10 October 2018 via mobile

Even the location of the hotel is great and the equipment and size of the suites fit well our stay was very disappointing.
At 11pm of the second night we faced a living mouse running through our living room.
The reception was hold by a friendly young lady who gave us a new room.
However, after sleepless hours in the following morning nobody of the team was informed about that shocking incident and there was no compensation through the hotel management.
Finally, that hotel can not be recommended due to poor customer orientation.
Michael

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
CraigS4024, Manager at Juniper Springs Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2018

michaelleitner,

Thank you for posting your review online. I do apologize that our staff did not let me know you were wishing to be contacted regarding your stay. We work very hard to provide the best service possible and it is very rare that we would not reach out to discuss your situation. I assure you this is far from the norm. I am happy to hear that we did move you to a new room, and would like to make myself available to address your situation. I have messaged you with my contact information and further detail. I hope to hear from you soon!

Reviewed 9 October 2018

I booked a room at the Juniper Springs Resort in early October between the summer and winter seasons for a good price. They do charge a resort fee, which I detest, so make sure that the price you are quoted includes the fee.
The single king that we booked was comfortable, warm and clean. We didn’t cook but the kitchen was nicely accessorized with a full size refrigerator. The living room had a sectional couch, TV, faux fireplace and a balcony that would seat two if you wanted some fresh air.
The bathroom was clean and had a deep soaking tub for those interested. The bedroom had a king sized bed which was firm but comfortable.
Other notes – No restaurant onsite so you’re going to have to cook or drive to eat. There are hot tubs but I didn’t check them out. Underground parking is somewhat limited but there is a large parking lot adjacent to the building. If you are a skier you’ll love the fact that the property has its own gondola to the mountain.

2  Thank 838eugeneu

838eugeneu,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for the terrific review! We are very happy that you were able to enjoy the area, and that you enjoyed Juniper Springs Resort! As you mention, we do not have a restaurant on-site, but we do work with many local restaurants and delivery services to do our best to provide those options. During the Winter, we do have our Eagle Lodge open only several yards away from our front door where we have a full restaurant and bar open for Breakfast, Lunch and Apres-ski Happy Hours. We also have our Daily Grind coffee shop available which provides light breakfast and lunch including pastries, bagels, breakfast burritos, yogurt, oatmeal, etc. We are also sorry that you were unaware of the resort fees. We have done our best to be sure that all of our partners who book rooms with us disclose the resort fees on their websites, and do take care to check to be sure that is the case. Please let us know if there is a booking agent or website that does not clearly disclose the resort fees. The resort fees are an integral part of our ability to provide a host of services, including our complimentary shuttle anywhere in town limits, DVDs to watch for no additional charge from our DVD library, our game room for kids, our business center, free faxing and copying, etc.

Reviewed 9 October 2018

We booked a unit here through AirBnb last weekend. I've stayed in over a dozen different places in Mammoth over the years but, the first time here. The covered parking is nice and probably even nicer when it is snowing. However, the first floor parking tends to get full quickly and turning around to get out is not easy. There is a bigger underground parking area. The resort has an older feel to it and the carpet in the hallways looked a little dingy. The unit we stayed in was also had an older feel to it but was clean and cozy. I noticed other reviewers saying how hot it was in the units and our unit was also pretty warm even though it was getting below freezing at night which we wouldn't mind but, may not want to stay here during the summer.

The best thing about the unit is the balcony as our faced the mountains to the south so we were treated to a beautiful view every day. The resort has a small cafe, a rec room, outdoor spas, and a workout room. Visitors looking for something that offer amenities like you find a resort will like it here.

Room tip: Try to get an upper floor room facing south; book through AirBnb or VRBO to see pictures of the unit you will be staying in
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

peterlc63,

Thank you for posting a review online. However, Juniper Springs Resort is not in any way affiliated with private units renting through AirBnB. Units rented privately through AirBnB do not have any of our services, they do not check-in with our front desk, they do not receive our housekeeping, Bell, maintenance or any other services. We are unable to control or influence these units in any way. We do hope you will return to Mammoth and hope you will book and stay with us at Juniper Springs Resort.

Reviewed 9 October 2018

I stayed there for the NICA mountain bike race. The 2 bedroom condo was ideal for us as we were able to split the room between 2 families. This hotel has all the amenities you may need and is ideally located at the foot of the slopes. Great if you ski. My son and his friend enjoyed the pool and hot-tub. No issues at check-in, friendly receptionist from the Philippines. When I said we just drove from Truckee she said “wow, you just drove from Turkey!” and it made my us laugh but she was sweet. All in all, it was a good stay and an excellent value. I’d give it a 5 if it wasn’t for the carpet tear and wear and a few other things that indicate this room is due for an update.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Philippe G

Philippe G,

Thank you so much for your recent visit to Juniper Springs Resort and for the wonderful review! We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay and even more delighted that you had the best service possible. Everyone on staff works very hard to provide the best experience possible for our guests, and your positive reinforcement of our efforts is always greatly appreciated! We also appreciate your comments on the room, and will look to address those issues immediately! We hope you will return and look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed 6 October 2018 via mobile

Stayed on way to yosemite. Staff was fine & helpful. The room was hot & no a/c. The only way to cool it down was to open the window.

Also we saw a mouse in the kitchen of our room...front desk offered us another room, but it wasnt as nice as ours..so we stayed w the mouse. Bed was rock hard. Very glad room came with a fan.

I'm sure it's better in snow season...but we wouldn't stay again.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Matthew W,

Thank you for the great review and providing everyone with your feedback. We are very happy to hear that you had good service and enjoyed the local area.We are disappointed that you did not have the best experience possible. We do apologize that we do not have air conditioning in the rooms, as it is usually not needed at 8,000', but we did have some unusually hot weather early this summer. We have been working on a solution, and do take your feedback very seriously. Please feel free to call me directly at Juniper at 760-924-1102 and ask for Craig, so that I may review this with you and hopefully work to have you return.