US$330
US$240
Cinnamon Bear Inn(Mammoth Lakes)(Great Value!)
US$198
Juniper Springs Resort(Mammoth Lakes)(Great Value!)
US$243
US$189
Agoda.com
Mammoth Creek Inn(Mammoth Lakes)(Great Value!)
US$160
US$152
Holiday Haus Motel(Mammoth Lakes)
US$169
The Village Lodge(Mammoth Lakes)
US$295
US$229
Travelocity
Austria Hof Lodge(Mammoth Lakes)
US$160
US$179
Edelweiss Lodge(Mammoth Lakes)(Great Value!)
US$229
1,254 results
All reviewswhitebark restaurantwhite barkself parkingheavenly bedwindow seatone bedroom suitestarbucks coffeeglass of champagnemini kitchenresort feegas fireplacestove topkids clubshuttle servicebeautiful resortflights of stairsvillage area
Reviewed 18 September 2012

My wife and I were recently traveling across California, and during our time in Yosemite, we chose to stay at the Westin Monache resort in Mammoth Lakes, California. I want to start by saying the city of Mammoth Lakes is quite possibly the most charming and breathtaking place Ive visited ( and I travel alot ). A true outdoor lovers dream. When we arrived at the hotel, I instantly felt the warmth and comfortability that the resort exudes. You truly feel as if your staying in a cozy cabin in the mountains, and the views are to die for!! As amazing as the resort itself is ( and its reallly amazing!), it was outshined by the friendliness and attentiveness of the staff. Kaitlin checked us in at the desk, and she is a real asset to the resort. Super friendly and knowledgeable, she not only gave us the standard out-of-towner things to do, but let us know of a few local hot spots off the beaten path ( hot springs was an experience of a lifetime!) Another employee that deserves praise and truly embodies what a Westin employee should be, is Joe from the engineering department. The hotel typically doesnt light the fireplaces, (thats right the rooms have fireplaces!!) this time of year, but me and my wife were planning a romantic evening so Joe was kind enough to light it for us. He also answered every one of our questions and gave us some great reccomendations ( Convict Lake was breathtaking). We had told Joe of our next days plans to hike in Yosemite, and what really suprised me was that he remembered this and actually called our room the next day to follow up and see how our day at the park was, which really made us feel special. Joes personality and high level of customer service really just iced the cake on what has now become one of my all time favorite trips. If your planning a trip to California, indulge yourself and stay at the Westin Monache Resort, you wont regret it.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 September 2012

We too stayed on our way to Yosemite. Staff very helpful, room excellent. Lovely walking around the lakes. We had a two bedroom suite, which worked very well for us. Food not the best bit, though. Very much recommended.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 September 2012

I've been frequently staying at Starwood hotels for the last 10 years, and my experience with this hotel was one of the worst I've ever experienced. They charged me for the services that were not provided and then were completely unresponsive inquiries. Even including the hotel's General Manager in the communications did not result in a constructive response.

This is a very customer-unfriendly place, AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank SashaWhite
Reviewed 14 September 2012

We stayed here in late August (just after school started in many areas) with our four-year-old twins and it was a great experience, though pricey. This was our second time staying here. Our kids loved the pool, hot tubs, and the elevators best. There were lots of other kids around at the pool. Also, the hotel is chock-full of dogs (all very well-behaved), and that's fun for kids. There was water flavored with cucumber in the lobby and with different fruits at the pool, and of course our kids had to try all of that -- lots of fun.

One of the neat things about the hotel is that you can walk to a little shopping/eating area right nearby. You can also walk to where you can catch a bus to Mammoth Mountain. The situation in the hotel restaurant with the breakfast coupons is confusing (they're good for either the All-American breakfast or a discount on other items) and the hotel really needs to rethink them. Our waitress tried to help us and ended up charging us less than she should have (so not even the waitstaff understands them).

We had a two-bedroom suite, so we put the kids in the master bedroom (to keep them contained). To keep them from rolling out of the king-size bed, we tucked pillows under the sheets all the way around, and down the middle to divide the space. The next morning, the maid took all the pillows out when she made the bed, but she left all the pillows on the bed and even brought us several extra pillows for the next night!

The hotel has valet parking, which my husband hates, but this time, since it was just past the summer rush, we could easily find street parking. We left our car in the hotel garage overnight and parked on the street during the day, and that worked out well. You are also allowed to go and get your car by yourself if you want.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Margaret L
Reviewed 13 September 2012

Just went to Mammoth Lakes and based on the reviews here decided on Westin. We paid ~ 260 net for deluxe king with american breakfast.

Arrival was not good. Check in is supposed to be at 3 and we arrived at 3.30 but were told they were still cleaning the room. They asked us to wait (we could use the facilities or walk the Village) and they'd call when the room was ready. We didn't want to use the pool without our room being ready (inconvenient to change) so we decided to check out the Village. After 15 min we were done.

Going back to the front desk (nobody called), the room was still not ready. I didn't want to wait there forever (it was almost 4) so I asked if they could do something about it. I know delays happen but I wish they'd take the initiative to offer us some compensation for the inconvenience. Finally, she offered to check if they could give us another room (why didn't you do so in the first place). After another couple of minutes, they "upgraded" us to a higher floor (same room we paid for). Ok... The receptionist was nice but I felt a little yanked around.

Room was ok. Not much view but at least it was a quiet room. There are tons of dogs!

Mattress was sagging in the middle. Considering the hotel is only a few years old, we were surprised. This is their bragged-about heavenly bed? Pillows were lumpy and not very comfortable either. I wouldn't complain if this were a $80 per night hotel, but for a Westin we were disappointed. My husband didn't sleep well that night.

Hotel was clean though. Jacuzzi was hot but I think one of the 2 wasn't working. They ran out of towels for a while so I froze while running back in for towels.

Breakfast was good. We paid about $10 for american breakfast (room deal). A la carte is $14. A lot of food which I couldn't finish. The sun was glaring at 7 am though. Maybe they need some screens. Starbucks coffee was decent. Our server was very friendly.

Maybe this IS the best Mammoth Lakes has to offer. If I go back I'll probably stay there again unless something better comes along. The area is gorgeous.

PS: The hotel is at 8050 ft. We had altitude sickness. Jacuzzi + swimming on arrival was probably not a good idea.

Room Tip: Deluxe room with a view not worth the upgrade. We only chose that cos they ran out of standard rooms. Studio room was spacious.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple