1,297 results
All reviews whitebark restaurant white bark self parking heavenly bed window seat studio suite starbucks coffee glass of champagne resort fee mini kitchen stove top hotel restaurant gas fireplace kids club shuttle service flights of stairs beautiful resort
Reviewed 27 April 2017

We came to do some spring skiing for a day and ended up staying 2 nights. Hotel is right across the street from the gondola that takes you up to the base of the mountain. There is a lot of stairs to go down and back up when you get back. They do offer a shuttle but it's not the most convenient thing. In general, rooms were very spacious, staff was all professional. We paid for breakfast downstairs and it was good, nothing special. There is about 5-6 restaurants in the village just across the street if you want more variety. In general, good place to stay, but not cheap.

Room Tip: Call for the shuttle when getting back from skiing
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 April 2017

After reading several negative reviews of this hotel, my expectations were minimal. BOY, was I surprised. The hotel staff both nights were courteous and friendly. I had several unique request based on my stay and they exceeded everyone of them. I felt safe, the room was clean with no "cover-up" deodorizers. It is convenient to several eating choices and Perkins gives you a 10% if you are staying in a motel. Not only would I return, I would feel comfortable taking my family. I did ask for a room facing away from the main road for noise reduction, but that's a given if you travel much. For the money, you can't do better. I did chose to eat breakfast out so can not rate that.

Room Tip: I did also ask for an upstairs room for noise control, but the entire hotel was lightly booked and no rowdies.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank efmb97
Reviewed 18 April 2017

Internet booking proved difficult and confusing. There is not enough detail about the different types of studio and bedrooms. I wanted accommodation on a high floor with a good outlook and balcony but could not find a way of getting this. A telephone call did not help and I had to apply to become a preferred guest to get a reduction. Even then the final price bears little resemblance to the one quoted. Why can they not give one true price?

Standards are high and all the staff were friendly and very attentive. The underground car park is free (included in the resort charge). The lounge areas are very open and fragmented and not "cosy". However, this may not be fair criticism as it seems to be common in large American hotels. Two lifts serve this large hotel and there were complaints about waiting at times although this was not a real problem for us. There are 75 steep steps down to the village which could be a problem for some. A very efficient shuttle service is provided and it is virtually immediately available if required.

Food is quite expensive and average although the service is excellent. However, it scores well when compared to what is available with the very limited choice in the village where reservations are not accepted and there were long waiting times.

The heated outdoor swimming pool and hot tub are popular.

Basically, this is a very positive review. We were looked after very well and enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: Higher rooms have the best views and light.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 April 2017

I expected a typical Westin hotel but was disappointed as soon as we drove up not enough staff to help unload our luggage took 30mins waiting.
Reception was quick. Room was ok but small for a 2 bedroom suite. The bedrooms were good but the living room was way too small.Nice full kitchen and dining table for six.
Before we came we had asked for memory foam pillows and after three attempts which took 2 ½ hours and finally came to telll us they were out of memory foam pillows.
Great location in the middle of everything easy to get to the mountain .
The hotel will take you anywhere and pick you up as well.
In my opinion this hotel is a 3.5 stars

Room Tip: Be careful Rooms are small but nice
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Vildeee
Reviewed 12 April 2017 via mobile

Family ski trip, kids first time skiing.

Pros
- Great location, easy to reach the gondola and village shops and restaurants. But there are 5 flights of stairs out of the hotel
- Mammoth is a great place for kids to learn to ski and great ski location
- Coffee in the morning, hot chocolate in the afternoon and champagne in the evening is a nice touch
- Kitchen area was helpful

Negatives
- The hotel restaurant is really limited in choice, and expensive for what it is. Given we were almost snowed in and had little choice of going out, this wasn't great
- 2 elevators for such a big hotel is a pain. We had to wait up to 10 mins on several occasions for one we could get in to
- For a large hotel, there isn't really anyway to go and sit. The only few chairs in the lobby are by the doors and not really somewhere to relax
- There are 2 spas but one was out of order, so the other was packed

Will definitely go back to Mammoth, but not sure I'd stay here again

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family