Free cancellation until 28/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$280
US$250
Hotels.com
Cinnamon Bear Inn(Mammoth Lakes)(Great Value!)
US$148
Mammoth Mountain Inn(Mammoth Lakes)(Great Value!)
US$215
US$159
Alpenhof Lodge(Mammoth Lakes)(Great Value!)
US$129
US$125
Hotels.com
The Village Lodge(Mammoth Lakes)
US$322
US$249
Austria Hof Lodge(Mammoth Lakes)
Book now, pay at stay
US$142
Hotels.com
Juniper Springs Resort(Mammoth Lakes)(Great Value!)
US$199
Tamarack Lodge and Resort(Mammoth Lakes)(Great Value!)
US$246
US$199
Hotels.com
Edelweiss Lodge(Mammoth Lakes)(Great Value!)
US$179
1,239 results
All reviewswhitebark restaurantwhite barkself parkingheavenly bedwindow seatstudio suiteglass of champagnestarbucks coffeeresort feemini kitchenice makerstove topgas fireplacehotel is beautifulkids clubshuttle serviceflights of stairs
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We had a one night pre-paid reservation. We arrived to the hotel around 1:00pm and were told that our room was not yet ready. As I came down to the reception at 3:30pm to check room status, I noticed they were handing keys to other customers. I asked what's the status of our room and was told again that our room was still not ready and had to wait till 4pm (the "official check in" time"). The behavior of the front desk has no regard for customer service/satisfaction and seem to have a different ways of treating different kinds of customers. Not professional and no customer

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Leisha B, General Manager at The Westin Monache Resort, Mammoth, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Aminega,

I apologize that you found our staff unprofessional. That is definitely not the experience we strive to offer our guests!

Due to the many room types and specific requests we have here at the hotel, we are not always able to accommodate early check ins, but we certainly should handle those situations in a friendly and professional manner. I am sorry that we did not provide you with that level of service,

We strive to offer our guests excellent guest service, and I appreciate you letting me know of your experience so we can use it as a training tool for our staff to help improve our efforts.

I do hope that if your travels bring you to Mammoth Lakes again, that you will give the Westin Monache another chance to provide you with the experience we wish to offer our guests.

Leisha

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

There were several aspects of the suite that were dated, worn, stained, or broken...not up to our expectations for the Westin, especially at $400+/night. Housekeeping was very spotty...several days where resupply of toiletries, coffee was not left and cobwebs noticed in living room. Room was in need of updating...tired and worn with broken dining room chairs, stained seats, and broken faucet in guest bath. Bathroom door had a corner stripped of paint. Fireplace also broken and card access was broken one day. Good location. Bellhop / valet were excellent. Significant difference btwn this and the Westin Napa!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family

Dear Thomas,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback about your recent stay at The Westin Monache. I am sorry to hear you were disappointed in your visit with us!

Our housekeeping service is typically very detailed oriented, and I apologize that we did not provide you that level of service. I appreciate you letting us know so we can follow up and train with the staff. Please know that if you call us during your stay, we can address any issues immediately for you.

We are very excited that we are in the planning stages of a renovation with our homeowners and HOA. Unfortunately with so many people involved, it can take a little longer than normal, but we hope to have all work completed by the end of next spring.

Thank you again for your feedback, and we hope to see you again at The Westin Monache!

Reviewed 10 June 2018

We've stayed here several time per year for seven years. The truth is the facility has gotten tired (already). Carpet in our upgraded suite room was threadbare to the floor in one place. As mentioned by another reviewer, pillows are terrible, like trying to sleep on cotton candy (no fill or firmness). Pillows on the furniture smelled like dog, YUCK. Overall service was fine with (unfortunately) the usual wildly varying service at the Whitebark restaurant. One morning was terrible, one night was ok and one night was one of the most enjoyable experiences in recent memory. I would suggest the property general manager lay down the law in regards to the restaurant- this is not the employees hangout and place for servers to visit with their buds, you are here to serve your guests PERIOD. You do not seat a guest before the table has been set up, and you SURE AS HELL not seat and then leave your guests with no placemat, napkins, silverware or coffee cups for 20 minutes. Manager on duty for one visit had no idea of menu or drink choices, how is this possible? The food was great, so again, unfortunate that restaurant management reflected badly on the cooks. Gosh people, fix the restaurant, it's been like this for years now!

This review is in the context of the room pricing and fees which is NOT CHEAP. This is a very expensive property to stay at and if I am going to receive a lavish bill I darn well expect lavish service and room conditions.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Leisha B, General Manager at The Westin Monache Resort, Mammoth, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2018

Dear Savyboy,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at The Westin Monache. I apologize that you were disappointed with your stay, and appreciate you taking the time to let us know of your experience.

We are very excited to be in the planning stage of a renovation which will encompass the condos, common areas, meeting rooms, and restaurant. I wish we could have everything completed before our winter season; however, it will most likely be completed in Spring 2019. At the same time, Westin is also updating our Heavenly Bed concept so there may be new bedding, including pillows, around the corner as well.

We have a new chef in Whitebark, who as you mentioned, is providing amazing food, and we strive to aim the same for service. I am sorry that we did not provide you with consistent or acceptable service levels during your stay, and I appreciate you letting me know so that I can address it with the restaurant management. We have made many improvements in the restaurant and are looking to provide an outstanding dining experience at Whtiebark, and your feedback will help us improve in areas where we may fall short.

We appreciate your loyalty, and hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 3 June 2018

Love to ski but for some reason after being in California for almost 10 years we have never drove up to Mammoth. So after the March dumping they had we had to get some turns going in April no less and booked the Westin. The Westin is across the street from the village and the gondola had closed 4 days earlier so we had to take the town bus to the main ski area for lift tickets. Everyone talks about the steps and they were tough after the day of skiing but not horrible. The hotel has underground parking which is nice. The staff was all nice and helpful as this was our first time in Mammoth. The room was clean and had a fire place and a nice view, what more can you need? We will definitely be back.

Stayed: April 2018
Leisha B, General Manager at The Westin Monache Resort, Mammoth, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2018

Dear Karen,

I am glad to hear you enjoyed your visit with us and had a chance to enjoy our spring skiing. Skiing in Mammoth is amazing all winter, but there's something special about our spring skiing.

We strive to offer our guests friendly and welcoming service, as well as a refreshing stay, and I'm happy we delivered on that for your visit. We love our location in The Village, close to shops, restaurants, and transportation, but away from the hub bub that can also bring.

Mammoth Lakes has amazing experiences to offer in both the summer and winter so we look forward to seeing you back again soon!

Reviewed 1 June 2018

First off, the Westin Monache Resort Mammoth looks the part, especially from the outside. I'm not crazy about he layout of the inside (the lobby and common areas).

It just seems a little space inefficient and haphazard.

The guest rooms are fine and nicely furnished. Our problems were at night. We like to keep the windows open on summer nights. Since we were on the lower floor we got to listen to whatever wildlife was checking out the patio trash cans all night. This made it hard to sleep but it was quite stuffy with the window closed. What to do?

The staff was OK, but not all that great. Most gave off the "we're too busy to be all that friendly" vibe. Again, it was not that the staff was bad. I guess I'd just call them average and average doesn't cut it at a hotel that aspires to an above-average reputation.

Lastly, and this is true for pretty much all of these kinds of hotels in the area, the parking spaces in the garage are woefully undersized. I'm talking golf cart tiny. I know...it is what it is but they're simply too small.

Would I stay again?

Maybe, but not if there were other options and happily there are.

Room Tip: Upstairs may be quieter than downstairs...
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Leisha B, General Manager at The Westin Monache Resort, Mammoth, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2018

Dear Ultralinear,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback from your recent stay at our hotel. I apologize that we did not meet your expectations and offer you the rejuvenating stay we try and offer our guests.

I am so sorry to hear that you found our staff unfriendly. We just celebrated May as being in the top 10 of all Westins for staff service, and I feel terrible that we did not provide you with that level of service during your stay.

We love our local wildlife, but our coexistence can be disturbing at times and a bit of a balancing act.

We do pride ourselves on being the only truly full-service hotel in Mammoth Lakes, and I hope if your travels return you to our area that you say with us again so you can experience the level of service we wish to provide to all of our guests.

Warm regards,