1,202 results
All reviewsreading terminal marketgreat locationacross the streetconvention centerhistoric buildingwithin walking distancevalet parkingdunkin donutslove parkfront desk staffliberty bellcentral locationwould definitely stay here againcity viewbeautiful hotelroom keyking room
Reviewed 29 June 2015

Loved this hotel. Located right in the heart of the city, within walking distance of shopping and restaurants. Friendly staff, spotless room, beautiful decor. Could not speak highly enough of this great hotel.

Reviewed 29 June 2015

I loved this hotel. People were friendly, the rooms are newly decorated in a 1920's style, the hotel is impeccably clean and well cared for. We stayed on the 8th floor with a view of the city (room 806) Bed was comfy, everything worked well. It was quiet. Check in was on line and a breeze to go through despite the hotel being near capacity. Parking by valet was about $50, they were attentive and efficient. Location was great with a starbucks in the hotel and a Dunkin Donuts on the corner. The pool was clean and cool and the hot tub was awesome to sit there in bubbles and watch the city as you relax. If I had to complain about anything, it was that I thought I was told breakfast was included...If so, I ended up in the wrong spot in a restaurant in the hotel on the Lobby floor, perhaps 1st floor had a free breakfast??

Room Tip: Request a city view We had 806, it was amazing!
Reviewed 28 June 2015 via mobile

The building itself is beautiful and the rooms are well appointed. It has so much potential of being a very nice hotel. However, the staff, or lack thereof, ruins everything. To begin with, there was a 4 inch long black stain on one of the pillow cases, and a hair or two on the "clean" towels. Then, we ran out of toilet paper and decided to call and request some delivered to the room. Boy, was that a mistake! It is almost impossible to get someone to answer the phone. I tried twice and gave up after waiting on the line for over 10 minutes each time. On the 3rd try, someone finally answered the phone after 15 or so minutes. I asked the person to have the items hanged on the door since we were heading out to grab a bite. We returned an hour later - no bag. After 2 additional unsuccessful tries to get hold of a phone operator I just gave up. The items were delivered an hour later and the lady who brought them said that over an hour wait time was "normal for this hotel."

The unpleasant experiences continued the next day. At 9 am, the housekeeper started banging loudly on each and every door, regardless of the fact that we had a 1 pm checkout and a "do not disturb" sign on the door. The same loud banging was repeated at 11 am.
When I tried to check out over the phone, I experienced a deja vu from the previous night - no answer whatsoever. I had to go down and stay in line to check out. The front desk girl asked me how was my stay and I told her right away that it was very disappointing. The guy next to her told me that, if I have any concerns and am not a Mariott rewards member, my only option is to leave a review with Tripadvisor and so I did. I hope some Mariott executive reads this and does something. It is a shame to have a hotel run like this one. I travel a lot on business, and will make sure I never stay here again.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled on business
4  Thank Marianna C
Vivian D, Front Office Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Philadelphia Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2015

Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing Courtyard Philadelphia Downtown during your recent visit to the area. We appreciate your positive comments about our building, rooms and hotel location, in the heart of Center City, with easy access to all the great things Philadelphia has to offer. We very much appreciate your letting us know about the service shortfalls which you experienced. I assure you that this is not our normal standard. We thank you for taking the time to let us know so that we can ensure corrective actions are taken for the future. We do hope you will give us another opportunity and stay with us again should you return to the area.

Regards
Vivian D

Reviewed 25 June 2015

Stayed at the Philadelphia Courtyard June 23 - 25. Hotel in a good location but they never checked my hotel preferences (profile) before checking in, got no perks or upgrades for being a Marriott Platinum Elite member, and could not get an additional 45 checkout time. I will not be back to this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled on business
2  Thank Fedchecker
David K, Assistant General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Philadelphia Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2015

Thank you for very much for choosing Courtyard Philadelphia Downtown during your recent visit to the area. We were disappointed to learn that your status as Platinum Elite member was not recognized upon arrival. I assure you that this is not our normal standard, we place great value on our Platinum Elite members and sincerely apologize for this having happened. We appreciate your taking the time to let us know so that we can ensure this does not happy again. We do hope that you will stay with us again should you return to the area. More importantly, we appreciate your loyalty to Marriott.

Reviewed 25 June 2015

Great 2 room suite, newly refurbished. Good breakfast buffet until 10:00 each morning, weekdays, until 12:00 weekends at $18.00 per person. Friendly staff and great location for site seeing. Independence Hall a little over a mile away with easy walking to all major historical sites. Subway access within easy walking distance, and plenty of restaurants within walking distance. We enjoyed sitting in the bar when we returned each evening. We stayed on the 14th floor and noticed no noise. Beds were comfortable. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: We asked for a room on a high floor. We faced Broad Street, so have a view of offices across the way, which was a disappointment.