“Best Indian Food Ever!!”

Royal Ashoka Regional Cuisine of India
Ranked #759 of 4,491 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Reviewed 27 July 2016 via mobile

I visited Royal Ashoka Sunday during their Lunch Buffet and will continue to return for amazing food! The selection is quite large, you never leave with an empty stomach. The food is fresh and cooked to perfection and the service is outstanding, everyone is friendly and welcoming. My favorite dish was The Shrimp Mango Curry, perfect with fresh Naan or Rice! I reccommend this restaurant for ANY type of visit, VERY accomodating dishes! My mouth is watering just thinking about it!! Will return again soon!

1  Thank Kara S

Reviewed 21 July 2016

Me and my family love Indian food ,we had tried many Indian dishes at different places .
Last evening I was happy to find out that finally we got excellent Indian Restaurant
close to our home in Huntingdon Valley.
Atmosphere and music is unique and very relaxing .
Food is excellent and served exceptionally tastefully
Choices of dishes and variety are appealing to every taste .they even have Chinese flavored Indian dishes.
Service is exceptionally good and friendly.
I wish them to be busy and continue to create such a good and delicious time .
We will be back very soon!!

Reviewed 7 July 2016

My wife and I went to Royal Ashoka for dinner tonight for a long overdue date night. We were delighted when we realized that an Indian restaurant opened so close to our house and hoped we didn't have to make the usual 40 minute drive to our "go-to" Indian restaurant. Royal Ashoka turned out to be a wonderful restaurant! The food was excellent and prepared with great care and attention to detail.

Their naan was excellent and their chicken tikka (and masala) dishes were prepared perfectly as well. The lentil topping for the basmati rice was a wonderful touch to a normally generic bowl of rice too. The service was good and the wait staff were very attentive. We didn't feel rushed at all either which was nice when you're trying to relax. The portions were generous and we had enough to take home for leftovers! We know what we're having for lunch tomorrow!

Can't wait to go back and try to broaden our Indian cuisine horizons trying new dishes.

Let's just say we found our new "go-to" close to home!

Reviewed 26 June 2016

The place is open only recently (Jun 2016) and we decided to try it and went for dinner. There was a Japanese restaurant at this location before and could see some the inside setting from that Restaurant. We ordered fried Okra for the starter and Eggplant Masala with Naan for the main dish. Papad and Rice is served as complimentary with each dish. Food was well prepared (even though it took a while as they are still getting organised due to new start) and tasty. Those who do not like Indian dishes with cream or tomato sauce, menu clearly explains what it contains. Staff was very friendly. We will certainly try their buffet lunch as they serve dosa and chat for buffet.