1,803 results
All reviewscity hallbank buildingclub levelsuperior roomlobby barbeautiful hotelwilliam pennbeautiful lobbyguest roomshigh floorcorner roomthis past weekendbroad streetstreet noisevalet parkingfew blocksrittenhouse square
Reviewed 17 May 2018 via mobile

The Ritz is just a nice hotel here. It does have a pretty lobby area but it’s not very inviting as some Ritz are. The receptionists are nice but don’t have much communication with their companies that rent out their conference space and aren’t really accommodating when there is a problem. A phone call from your room doesn’t get it done either. Just a heads up! The room is ok and our view was a corner room so that was good but the light switch near the door doesn’t do anything. There is no light switch for the toilet area and a vent was broken and slightly bent down as if it could fall with not much effort. No refrigerator and not a lot of storage in closet. If asked if I would stay there again - if another conference - yes. Other than that-a hotel is a hotel - just at what price!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank cajunfun
Reviewed 16 May 2018 via mobile

Its not clear who this hotel is meant to serve. Yes, it’s well located. But the range of facilities is very limited.

My understanding was that RC was the flagship of the Marriott brands. Or that is how it use to be.

A small gym. No business centre. Very limited food and beverage. A very small and dark Executive Lounge. It doesn’t seem like a flagship, more like a sinking ship.

Not clear who RC exists to serve. So in the end they serve no one well.

Marriott properties are far better. They don’t charge you $6.50 to rent a computer for 15 mins to print out a letter. Who are they kidding!

Give it a miss. Many better properties to patronize all with a clearer sense of who their customer is.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
5  Thank Michael M
Leonard B, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Philadelphia, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2018

Dear Michael M,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for your candid feedback from your most recent stay. I appreciate hearing our guests experience, as this is how we learn and continue to grow. And as you mentioned, to learn exactly who our customers or guests are.

We apologize for failing to fall short of your expectations or that of our own and apologize that the Business Center location was not explained to you as I understand that would have been beneficial during your stay.

Thank you for taking the time to bring these items to our attention. We hope that you have the opportunity to regain your faith and return again as our guest. I am available anytime if you wish to speak further.

Warm regards

Reviewed 15 May 2018 via mobile

We found this property to be exceedingly underwhelming. If there are audits conducted on Ritz-Carlton’s, this has to be the lowest performing in the brand. There was absolutely zero resemblance of any luxury in the hotel perhaps aside from the bed which was comfortable. The bar staff were appalling bad: I ordered some type of smoked drink and the bartender ensued to set up some contraption in front of me with zero explanation as to what was happening. Nice thought for the presentation but I was left more confused than wowed. My wife and I got massages and I was in extraordinary pain after mine and my wife said it was the worst massage she ever had as the masseuse had hands that felt like sand paper. We have no problem paying for a Ritz type of property however it’s disappointing when you feel like you’re just being gouged for the label.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank DubSee

Dear DubSee,

I want to first and foremost thank you for being our guest, and apologize that we did not deliver on the service standards that we promise to you, as our guest. We are incredibly grateful of your feedback as it has given us the chance to speak with our teams to re-enliven the service standards and true experience that we are providing. With regards to your experience at our Lobby Bar, I am terribly sorry there was no explanation - something that is not only necessary but adds to the overall experience, and likely the reason you chose the drink in the first place. Secondly, I am deeply saddened to hear of your experience at our Spa. It is part of standard protocol that our massage therapists inquire ones comfort at least three times throughout the treatment; if this was not done, or your comfort level was not sustained, I am terribly sorry. Also, you mentioned above that you were in extraordinary pain. Please do let us know how you are feeling at this time as your safety and comfort is our highest priorirty.

Although I cannot change the past, I only hope I am able to regain your faith. Please do not hesitate to reach out if you wish to speak further.

Reviewed 15 May 2018

We had a terrible experience at the Ritz this past weekend. We traveled with our family (so we were a total of 5 people - 2 adults and 3 kids). Before making my reservation, I called the reservationist and asked for a room that would accommodate us. I told her we had reservations elsewhere and would make the switch to the Ritz if there was a room that would fit all of us. She recommended the superior room. We made the reservation with a request for a rollaway bed. When we went to check-in, we were informed that the room didn't fit a rollaway but were assured the beds were big enough. The check-in receptionist actually told us that the 3 kids could fit into the bed by having 2 sleep with their head by the headboard and the other one sleeping the reverse, with their feet by the headboard. What???? At the Ritz, this was the suggestion for how guests should sleep???

Well. Have you ever tried to fit 5 people into 2 full sized beds???? Have you done that while paying $900 a night????? I bet you would feel as angry as I was. The town was at full occupancy because of commencement and reunions so we could not change hotels. We were miserable and resentful.
Not only that, the room we were in had hair all over the bathroom. We were paying a tremendous amount of money for a room that was not comfortable or accommodating and it wasn't even clean. We had a terrible, uncomfortable experience and we will never return to this property (or any other Ritz property).

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
6  Thank swelbo2014
Reviewed 13 May 2018

We diffidently enjoyed our stay at the Ritz Carlton. The grounds of the hotel were very pretty and the rooms were luxurious, modern, and spacious. We for sure enjoyed the huge marble bathroom as well. However, the restaurant at the hotel would not serve us between lunch and dinner hours. This hotel is great and grand but a bit overpriced compared to some other hotels nearby. For example, the Hyatt at the Bellevue and the Westin are two hotels we've stayed in and are just as nice as this one, but charge you half of what this one does.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family