“Amazing Seafood, Lively Service, and Great Service!”
Review of Oyster House

Oyster House
Ranked #30 of 4,670 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: City Centre West
Description: Formerly known as the Sansom Street Oyster House. Re-opened recently as The Oyster House. Would like to write a review.
Reviewed 16 February 2018

This was one of the best seafood restaurants I have ever been to. They are famous for their incredible variety of oysters and super fresh tasting seafood. We were wowed by the BBQ oysters and Fisherman Stew, which offered delicious mussels, fish, squid, and shrimps in a tasty tomato saffron onion broth. The sauce was highly flavorful and very delicious. They have a great wine selection. I finished my meal off with tasty Key Lime pie. I give this restaurant a 5 fork + star rating and highly recommend it for outstanding seafood.

Reviewed 1 February 2018 via mobile

Visiting Philly. Business dinner group of eight on a Monday night. Sat us immediately even without a reservation. The west and east coast oysters were great! All the entrées were great - notables scallops and flounder. Fantastic service from Dan!

Reviewed 23 January 2018 via mobile

I loved my food! I ordered it to go because the place gets super crowded and its not very big to begin with. I recommend to everyone. I’d definitely go back when i return to Philly.

Reviewed 21 January 2018

We love oysters and live in NJ- not sure why it took us so long to visit Oyster House. Super friendly service and great food. We arrived about 5:15 on a Friday and no room in the bar area for Happy Hour buck a shuck. So, we opted to sit at a regular dinner table and "limited" our oyster apps since our daughters are not fans and did not want to wait 45 minutes for a bar area seat. We now know to arrive earlier for happy hour. Our dinner was excellent- lobster roll, crab cakes and Manhattan clam chowder. So fresh and reasonably priced- we would recommend and will be back. I think the PEI oysters- Little Mermaid were the best I ever had!

Reviewed 15 January 2018

My son, daughter and I are were looking for a lunch place. Some places were too crowded and had a long wait, others seemed empty and dark, but not to sound like Goldilocks, this place was just right. It's tucked away on Sansom Street, but easy to find. We were greeted as soon as we walked in, and there was a 15 minute wait for a table so we went to the bar for a drink. The bartender was great. He knew his craft. My daughter had a Moscow Mule which was made with their homemade ginger beer. I had a taste and it was delicious. We were seated within 15 minutes. Our lunch was delicious....calamari for an appetizer, salmon ceasar salad, burger, and the lobster roll was amazing. We all talked about how cool this place was. Bright and vibrant, fun bar, great service. Can't wait to go back!