“We opened Talula's up at 10 AM”
Review of Talula's Garden

Talula's Garden
Reserve with OpenTable
Talula's Garden is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 4,488 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 7th between Walnut and Locust
Description: Behind the wrought iron gate, past the herbaceous patio and through the atrium is Talula's Garden, the warm and elegant Washington Square eatery from Aimee Olexy and Starr Restaurants. The modern menu, prepared with carefully-sourced ingredients and a light European touch, changes with the seasons. The artful cuisine, hospitable staff, sustainable spirits, and a focus on cheese make the dining experience here incredibly memorable.
Reviewed 16 October 2017

While visiting Philadelphia today, my daughter, who lives there took me to Talula's for brunch. I had decided to visit my daughter last evening and drove down to Philly early this morning. we were about 1-th om a line that formed early.
Our dining experience started with Fried Cinnamon Sugar Dusted Almond And Ricotta Donuts, Apple Butter, Cider Reduction that we shared. They were wonderful. My main course was pancake's with Crispy Pecan Brittle, Fresh Bartlett Pear, Valencia and Chai Mascarpone Whip. I also ordered a side of grits. I have never experienced pancakes that were this great. No syrup was needed. The mascarpone topping was more than enough to sweeten and flavor the pancakes. It was at this point that my daughter told me that she now calls Talula's her favorite restaurant in Philly. Give this place a try and you will not be disappointed.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,164)

Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

The outside patio looked lovely and peaceful. Inside was so loud it was hard to have a conversation. We were seated in the bar area. Wait staff very friendly. Cheese plate was the smallest portions I think I’ve ever been served in my life. Very tasty, but very tiny for three people. A gnocchi take-off was good but presentation lacked color or pizzazz. Brownie sundae was tasteless and dominated by walnut flavor. Ok meal, but did not match the hype in my estimation.

1  Thank welligrl
Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

Got off to a rocky start, as we had reserved a table for four inside. When we arrived we're told a 20 plus minute wait inside but available outside immediately. (It never rained, although threatening, so no harm done; but it set the stage.)
Then, being shown to our table immediately adjacent to noisy, celebratory group, we asked if we could be seated at two two-tops, pushed together. "Sorry, it is against our policy to join tables for two." Strike Two. Then when we indicated our drink order would be two Arnold Palmers and two $6 Sly Fox Helles, the chill was complete.
As appetizers, we had the tuna crudo, very good; and three Three Springs Peach Salads, which came highly recommended, as the chef is about to change his seasonal menu. Sorry, peaches were not even close to being ripe, although rest of plate was very tasty. The ladies doubles up with a second appetizer, Chicken Liver Toast, as their mains; nicely presented and definitely enjoyed. The men both chose the Pappardelle, again very tasty, but perhaps a bit skimpy in size.
As tourists, we opted out of dessert and visited a local creamery near our hotel, so cannot comment, although descriptions seemed tasty.
As tourists, we wouldn't put this at the top of any must-eat list; as a local it would probably be worth giving a second chance, as the kitchen clearly has a creative side to it.

Reviewed 13 October 2017

On a late fall evening no one was eating outside, so inside was packed. The noise was really bad, I don't like having to shout to make myself heard to someone just three feet away. Incongruously the average age of the other diners was certainly on the senior side, an age group that often avoids very noisy restaurants.
The food and service were very good, but we ate quickly and bolted.

Reviewed 11 October 2017

My only regret is that the weather report called for rain so we sat inside the restaurant, which can at times be a little cramped. But the food...oh the food! One of the two best meals I've had in Philadelphia in the last 20 years. Just perfect. Attentive, friendly but not overbearing service from start to finish. Just a lovely evening.