“Great Open Air Dining @ Washington Square”
Review of Talula's Garden

Talula's Garden
Reserve with OpenTable
Talula's Garden is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 4,522 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 7th between Walnut and Locust
Description: Behind the wrought iron gate, past the herbaceous patio and through the atrium is Talula's Garden, the warm and elegant Washington Square eatery from Aimee Olexy and Starr Restaurants. The modern menu, prepared with carefully-sourced ingredients and a light European touch, changes with the seasons. The artful cuisine, hospitable staff, sustainable spirits, and a focus on cheese make the dining experience here incredibly memorable.
Reviewed 18 October 2017

The portions are large and the food is excellent. Also, great cocktail menu. We will definitely return to Talula's when visiting our son at Villanova.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,173)

Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

This is the original farm to table restaurant in Philly. They were doing this long before it was s hot restaurant concept. My friend and I went to celebrate my birthday.
We shared our dishes. We started with an heirloom tomato salad and raviolis. The salad was delightful and the dressing was just right without being too much. The raviolis were perfectly done and were served with wild mushrooms.
For entries we enjoyed a seafood medley which was perfectly done and seasoned just right. We also had the duck breast which we requested to me done “ mediumish”. It came out perfectly done, just pink enough.
This spot is worth it for celebrations, a romantic date of business meeting. Go in the nice weather and sit in the courtyard.

Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

After arriving in Philadelphia, we headed to Talulah's Garden for a delicious and enjoyable dinner. Nalini, our server, was genuinely welcoming and informative about their eclectic menu. We dined on the delicious apple cheddar salad, park belly and seafood potluck and enjoyed every bite. We highly recommend this restaurant and wished we had time for another visit.

Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

Booked here for Sunday brunch as a friend was visiting from the UK. We chose to sit outside even though the weather was a bit windy and spitting rain. Waitress was a bit slow with everything but it didn’t really matter. I had pancakes with pear and whipped chai marscapone and my friend the eggs benedict. Portions were huge and we both failed to finish everything on our plates but the tastes were amazing. It is pricey for brunch but worth it

Reviewed 16 October 2017

While visiting Philadelphia today, my daughter, who lives there took me to Talula's for brunch. I had decided to visit my daughter last evening and drove down to Philly early this morning. we were about 1-th om a line that formed early.
Our dining experience started with Fried Cinnamon Sugar Dusted Almond And Ricotta Donuts, Apple Butter, Cider Reduction that we shared. They were wonderful. My main course was pancake's with Crispy Pecan Brittle, Fresh Bartlett Pear, Valencia and Chai Mascarpone Whip. I also ordered a side of grits. I have never experienced pancakes that were this great. No syrup was needed. The mascarpone topping was more than enough to sweeten and flavor the pancakes. It was at this point that my daughter told me that she now calls Talula's her favorite restaurant in Philly. Give this place a try and you will not be disappointed.