2,215 results
All reviews convention center homeless people across the street free breakfast breakfast staff reading terminal market self park the breakfast area within walking distance valet parking hot breakfast king suite few blocks liberty bell front desk staff flower show convenient location
Reviewed 30 March 2018

We had to unexpectedly change hotels in the middle of our Philadelphia Trip. The staff here welcomed us, and we felt right at home. The room was clean and spacious for a hotel in the middle of a major city. Breakfast in the morning was delicious. The only reason I didn't give this hotel a 5 is the parking situation. Parking is across the street almost a block down - no big deal. The attendant at the lot, however, was not very kind. Other than that, the hotel was perfect! If we find ourselves back in Philadelphia, we will be booking the Hampton Inn City Center!

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Carl B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City - Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Danielle P,

Thank you for staying at my hotel during your visit to Philadelphia. I am so glad that my staff was able to help create a great stay for you. I appreciate your feedback and looking forward to seeing again the next time you are in Philly.

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

This is an absolutely fabulous hotel. I can’t remember having such a welcoming stafffrom the minute you walk through the door. Everyone smiling and talking to you. Breakfast was great and they have a brand new section for breakfast. Room was extra clean and such a comfortable bed. This was a business trip however I would stay there for a family trip as well.

Trip type: Travelled on business

deborahg894,

Thank you for staying at my hotel. We work hard to make sure you have a fantastic stay while in town and appreciate your feedback and positive encouragement. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 26 March 2018

I was in Philadelphia for a conference, and Hampton Inns are usually welcoming and well-located. Such was the case at this outlet of the popular brand from Hilton. Had I not seen that the hotel was in the midst of bringing their design and services up to date, I would have made that my first critique but the hotel is truly upping its game. It must be popular, located as it is just behind the beautiful Pennsylvania Convention Center. The front desk staff was exceedingly polite at all times, always saying hello and good morning. Hot coffee is served throughout the day near the front desk. The room was comfortable, a nice bed, good lighting and wide windows; my room had a great view of the William Penn statue atop City Hall. I don't quite know why but I was given an upgrade to a suite, and the extra room to work was most welcome. As mentioned, there was some major renovations under way and I think future guests will welcome them. The restaurant and lounge was unavailable (room service was), but the free breakfast was still offered. Rather nice too and the staff in the morning was also cheerful and helpful. The downsides were minimal: very slow elevator service (no, really, very slow) and the pillows were uncomfortable. Also, oddly, there were no shelves in the shower, so there was no place to put the soap or shampoo bottles. I balanced them precariously on the glide bars.

This is a hotel that does not take its guests for granted, and doesn't rest on its convenient location. It seems to strive to offer a good value (it's not inexpensive) with the comfort of the guest in mind. I'd absolutely recommend it for business or pleasure.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Carl B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City - Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2018

Joseph L,

Thank you for choosing my hotel for your conference and your wonderful review. We do strive to ensure our guests receive the best service and are as comfortable as possible. I cannot wait for you to come back and enjoy the hotel once all the renovations are complete. Thanks again and see you soon.

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

Fantastic location downtown next to China Town and walking distance to many sights. Hotel was under renovations at the time but our room 1117 had be renovated and was very nice and large. Had an issue with the temporary pub in hotel but GM went above and. Beyond to make things right. pub will be back to original location this week. Owner should give GM a huge raise because the GM knows what true hospitality and customer service mean. This GM could teach whole industry how to treat customers. Well done. Will definitely stay here again when in Philly.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Carl B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City - Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2018

monkey12...Thank you for your kind words! Serving you is our honor. I hope to see you next time when your travels bring you to Philadelphia again. The renovated pub and breakfast space was opened in grand fashion to our guest this morning! It looks absolutely spectacular, I wish you were here to see it.

Your review was very inspiring to me and we will continue to reach for the highest levels of service and hospitality.

See you soon, and thank you again for being my guest.

Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

Conveniently located, spacious, clean, and comfortable describe this upscale hotel. I got one of the recently renovated rooms, which was immaculate. Staff are very helpful and friendly, too. Given the choice of the other nearby Hilton properties, I’ll choose this one.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Carl B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City - Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2018

Hello Christie L,

Thank you for choosing our property. I am so glad you enjoyed our new Hampton renovated rooms and look forward to your next visit to our city of Brotherly Love and Sisterly Affection!