“Delicious restuarant on Rittenhouse Square”
Review of Serafina - CLOSED

Serafina
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 18th street
Description: Our cuisine is Northern Italian, originating from family recipes handed down from generations of cooks and adapted by Vittorio Assaf and his team of professional chefs. Serafina's creative pastas and risottos come to life with the freshest locally grown produce and ingredients, while the delicious desserts and extensive wine list satisfy every craving. Our famous thin crust pizzas are made with 00 Italian flour, filtered water, extra virgen olive oil, sea salt from Sicily and are produced in ovens hand built with lava stone from Mount Vesuvius fueled with burning cherry-wood. The remarkable food combined with the lively atmosphere of each location has mass appeal.
Reviewed 13 August 2015

Delicious restuarant on Rittenhouse Square. We stopped for lunch and had excellent salads and service. Great vibe similar to the Serafina in Manhattan

Date of visit: May 2015

Reviewed 11 August 2015 via mobile

I wanted to grab lunch in downtown Philadelphia and Serafina looked welcoming with it's open air seating having all it windows open. The restaurant was almost empty at lunch, one table sat inside and one outside. This maybe should have told me something!
First the restaurant is rather pretty, with Italian art and all the doors open to bring in the summer afternoon. It's also very large.
It was so slow, the hostess looked bored and almost asleep. The waiter's service was just off. This happens when a place is so slow, the wait staff can never hit their service groove and it just seems sleepy and off. Small things like the bread showed up at my table as I was almost finished with my lunch and I couldn't find any staff when I wanted to pay.
I had gnocchi and it wasn't good. It was gummy and soft. The ratio of sauce was way too much for the small amount of gnocchi on my plate. The entree seemed more like an appetizer portion. Plus it was way too expensive for what it was.
Average at best. Sleepy service, bad food and high prices - I guess I know now why it was so empty!

Reviewed 10 August 2015 via mobile

Decided to stop here for dinner last night. As a former person who has been in the food service industry, this place was not the greatest. We opted to do the $35/person Resturant Week special...which included bruschetta, appetizers, entre, and dessert. The bruschetta was probably the best on the menu. Everything else was disappointing. My veal was over cooked. The calamari was an over abundance and was just OK. Then we closed the check and had to wait for an additional 15 minutes for our dessert "to go"...I wouldn't recommend this place if you are looking for some good food and good service.

Reviewed 8 August 2015

Boy oh Boy, what a dump... Bad service, bad managers, ugly dirty bar.. its kinda of new place.. i think 2 or 3 years old.. The pizza was ok, but not worth my time or money.. The place is just bad.. only care about making money.. Maybe if they had a real Italian Chef and cooks, thing would be different, and by the way it looked, don't think that is the case... Save your money.. better places in town to go to... I'm sure the owner is rich and sitting pretty in his nice house not caring about the place..

Reviewed 2 August 2015 via mobile

Our family of 6 had a horrible experience with our waiter last night (Aug. 1). He spilled water all over my son and didn't even attempt to help clean up. We ordered a bottle of wine that he never once came over to pour additional glasses for us. We split a meal and he did not bring an additional plate, when he did it was a bread plate!?!

I could over-look the bad table service if he wasn't flat out rude our entire meal. I don't even know his name because he never introduced himself to us (he has dark hair pulled back in a pony tail). He basically threw our check on the table. We left him an average tip (I wanted to leave a small or no tip) and a note suggesting he work on being more personable and professional with his service. He proceed to chase our family down the street questioning the note and 18% tip we left!?! What a joke!!!

I would ABSOLUTELY, POSITIVELY NOT recommend this restaurant to anyone! Do yourself a favor and don't risk it! Go to one of the 100s of better restaurants Philly has to offer like Tria and The Dandelion located directly across the street!!

1  Thank Buddydee1