“Awesome”

Price range: US$6 - US$26
Cuisines: American, Irish, Bar, Gastropub
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Private Dining
Description: Finn McCool's Ale House is conveniently located on the corner of 12th & Sansom Streets in the heart of Philadelphia's Midtown Village. We are just blocks away from all major hotels and the Pennsylvania Convention Center. We have 17 draft beers featuring Irish standards and local craft brews. If you want to watch your favorite team play, we have 5 flat screen televisions throughout the bar for your viewing pleasure. While you visit our Ale House, ask to see our menu. We offer tasty appetizers like our Finn's Philly Rolls, burgers and sandwiches, and all your favorite traditional Irish dishes. The Shepherd's Pie is a house specialty. Our weekly evening events, Quizzo and Karaoke, will bring fun and diversity to your experience. Perhaps you are looking to host an after work function or celebrate any occasion. Our second floor Room 12 Lounge is available to you. We offer a variety of food and beverage packages to accommodate your special event. Our friendly and knowledgeable staff guarantees Finn McCool's will become your Philadelphia destination.
Reviewed 11 March 2017 via mobile

We stumbled on this place. The staff is great. The philly cheesestake sing rolls were fantastic. We enjoyed the Shepard ' pie, ruben, french dip and fish and chips too

Reviewed 22 November 2016

Hopping with people on a Friday night! Great service at the bar for food and drink. Friendly folks who aim to please and keep a constant check on you without being intrusive. No better place than this Irish pub to knock down a couple of pints of Guinness stout with a famous Philly cheese steak! Great end to a long convention day! When in the convention area, you’ve got to check out this great little corner pub!

Reviewed 11 April 2016

My parents and I came here, being one of the few Irish establishments in the area. I ordered a cider, my mother got a Guinness, and my father got a diet coke. My father's diet coke had some issue and thus was rejected. For some reason there was an issue with the diet coke that evening and the waitress agreed. Thus, we did not get charged for it. The Guinness, I guess was fine, but really, it would be pretty difficult to mess it up. I got a cider, which was great. It was Jack's cider on draft and it was excellent, and a reasonable price.

For dinner, my father order the French dip, my mother got a reuben, and I got a bacon burger without the cheese and bun. The reuben my other said was good. My dad got the french dip, which looked okay but got a very small amount of sauce. My dad get this dish often and usually gets a bowl of the sauce to dip in, not a tiny plastic one, which is used to put ketchup in. My burger was okay, but it could have been so much better. First off, the fries were extremely greasy, every time I ate one, I had to wipe my hands. The bacon was okay, but the burger was mediocre, to say the most. Many times I go to an Irish establishment, I get a bacon burger without the cheese and bun and it has been a whole lot better than this one.

Honestly, a good Irish dish is hard to come by in Philadelphia, a city with a strong Italian, Greek, and Middle Eastern community. In New York, there is a far larger Irish community. Not that you need to be Irish to make a proper Irish stew, but I feel that restaurants in New York are more vigilant about the quality of Irish dishes because customers can easily find someplace else in New York.

Reviewed 7 April 2016

A great little pub w/ decent food. Sometimes a bit loud and crowded, but part of the atmosphere. Service is also generally very good.

Reviewed 8 March 2016

Finn's was full of young folks really enjoying themselves. The bartender was super friendly. She recommended their Philly spring rolls and they were fantastic. Finn's is kind of small but a really nice place.