“Best Seafood Rolls!”

Luke's Lobster
Ranked #49 of 5,036 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Price range: US$15 - US$40
Cuisines: American
Description: Luke's lobster is a Maine-style lobster shack featuring traceable, sustainable seafood. We are best known for our lobster rolls, friendly team and cozy shack atmosphere. Roll on in to try some of the best seafood Philly has to offer!
Reviewed 26 May 2017

This is a small, modest place but their food packs a huge wallop. Well worth a visit.

Our group of four tried the lobster roll, crab roll, shrimp roll, clam chowder, lobster bisque, and coleslaw.

First the great - all the seafood rolls. Done simply with seafood, butter, and seasoning. No globs of mayo, which mask the delicate flavor of the seafood. No monster hogie roll, making it all bread. Instead, a small, toasted soft roll overflowing with seafood goodness. We loved all three of them. Excellent!

Next the very good - the soups. Both flavorful and tasty.

Finally the blah - the coleslaw. All four of us agreed the coleslaw was bland. Felt it was missing an acid. Salt and pepper could not redeem it. Minor flaw, as we came for the rolls.

Sadly, we leave tomorrow, so there is not an opportunity for another visit. I'll be watching for other locations in m future travels. Best seafood rolls ever!

Reviewed 22 May 2017 via mobile

Excellent lobster bisque and lobster roll... fresh tasty lobster. Sat outside watching the world go by. Pay a visit x

Reviewed 14 May 2017

Luke's was three building away from our hotel this trip. It was so exciting to be able to walk over and grab lunch on a quiet Wednesday afternoon.

Reviewed 3 May 2017

Living in Atlanta, I don't get many chances to get great, fresh lobster rolls and so I took advantage of a brief stay in Philadelphia to get just one roll!!! And, it was absolutely a "10!" The buns were toasted to perfection and the filling was just perfect! Get the lobster bisque, too! My husband said it was definitely better than his clam chowder, which was really good too, but the bisque.....!!!

Reviewed 23 April 2017 via mobile

Read many reviews and decided to get takeout on way back from Amish country. I will say this, my wife is the lobster freak and Luke's has made me join that club. Absolutely incredible lobster rolls, clam chowder fantastic and the chilled lobster tail is spot on. Only wish I had ordered more. Two thumbs up on Luke's