“Great dinner ”
Review of Alma de Cuba

Alma de Cuba
Reserve with OpenTable
Alma de Cuba is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #23 of 4,509 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Price range: US$21 - US$100
Cuisines: Cuban, Latin, International
Good for: Bar Scene, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: City Center West
Cross street: Between 16th and 17th
Transit: Take the Broad Street Line to Walnut-Locust Station. Walk 2.5 blocks West; The 42 Bus Route Runs on Walnut Street and Locust Street. 17th Street stop.
Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

It was the first time my wife ate dinner at Alma de Cuba. The dinner was delicious with a great Cuban flare.

Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

I had dinner here solo at the bar while traveling for work. The food was creative, fresh, and expertly prepared. Drink menu was fun and reasonably priced. Service was friendly and my server was able to provide good recommendations from the menu as well as for the area I general (I asked since I’m from out of town). The decor and ambiance are sophisticated and chic. Overall a wonderful little spot, and I’ll definitely be back!

Reviewed 6 October 2017

I visited Alma de Cuba during restaurant week and I was very impressed about the quality of the food, the kindness of the waiters and the location itself. I had a really nice shrimp ceviche, then chicken as main, and a chocolate dessert. Everything impeccable!
Well done!!

Reviewed 30 September 2017 via mobile

Anytime we have friends from out of town come to visit us in Philly, Alma is a go-to. Flavorful food, great drinks, cool atmosphere. But the snootiness of our waitress did not go unnoticed, and we mentioned this to the manager as well. As for the food, our favs are the lechon asado, branzino, plantains and empanadas.

Reviewed 25 September 2017 via mobile

We visited as a business group. The appetizers were good, but the main course was not as good. The service was a bit slow but the waiter was very kind and well spoken. Overall, as a vegetarian, there was nothing I could savor and enjoy. But based on the reviews of my colleagues and a surprise dessert at the end, it was an average experience.