“Dishes evolve but the taste is still there”
Review of Alma de Cuba

Alma de Cuba
Reserve with OpenTable
Alma de Cuba is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #48 of 4,613 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Price range: US$21 - US$100
Cuisines: Cuban, Latin, International
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Bar Scene
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: City Center West
Cross street: Between 16th and 17th
Transit: Take the Broad Street Line to Walnut-Locust Station. Walk 2.5 blocks West; The 42 Bus Route Runs on Walnut Street and Locust Street. 17th Street stop.
Reviewed 3 December 2017

We go to Alma de Cuba every time we are in Philly (about once a year). The atmosphere is still fun, the decorations perfect, and the service excellent. I had two mojitos, the first was their jefe, and it was good. The second was their clasico and it was stupendous -- made me understand why this drink had become so popular. We started with two different empanadas, one crab and one meat. instead of one (or 2) large pastries they served multiple smaller ones. Both very tasty. For mains, my wife had a broiled bronzino that was cooked and accompanied to perfection. I had the seafood paella. All the seafood (shrimp, mussels, squid etc) was cooked perfectly but the rice (white) had no special flavor. Maybe i was expecting a perfume of Valencia. Desserts: my wife had the spicy chocolate which was complex with bits of churros integrated into it, and themselves spiced with cinnamon among other things. By the time she finished she found it a bit overwhelming, said that she felt like a dragon. My dessert was sorbet (as i am lactose intolerant) and they served a mango sorbet accompanied by fresh fruits that was sensational.

Reviewed 1 December 2017 via mobile

Great place close to city center. Nice atmosphere and music. The food is simply superb, original, great variety of starters. The ceviches are all delicious, the smoked marlin tacos amazing. I recommend the starter sampler to share.
Will come back!

Reviewed 27 October 2017

This restaurant was near our hotel and well-rated so we gave it a try-- WHAT FUN!! Cutest decor and the food was truly excellent! I wish we had been there long enough to go back!
Great food, great service.

Reviewed 24 October 2017

My fiancee retired from the military and her office had a surprise retirement party for her here. Aesthetically, the restaurant is beautiful. We were served family style, which consisted of seven courses. Everything was amazing! I wasn't impressed with the drinks. But that's ok. The food more than made up for it :).

Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

It was the first time my wife ate dinner at Alma de Cuba. The dinner was delicious with a great Cuban flare.