“A hidden gem if there ever was one!”
Review of Alyan's Restaurant

Alyan's Restaurant
Ranked #709 of 4,671 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: Greek, Middle Eastern
Dining options: Delivery
Neighbourhood: City Centre East
Reviewed 2 June 2017

What a wonderful surprise to find this place. Our waiter was a joy and was so sweet with our 6 year old son. The place is cozy, decorated with pillows and with the overall feel of a Middle Eastern living room. The food: utterly delicious. Get the homemade lemonade and the grilled steak over couscous or rice. It comes with a side of mixed vegetables that have been cooked in a broth that could be its own meal, it's that good. My husband had the chicken kabob platter, which he got with hot sauce that finally satisfied his freakishly high tolerance for spice. The prices were very reasonable, and we will definitely be going back next time we're in town.

Reviewed 16 April 2017 via mobile

The shawarma was horrible. I am co e from the Middle East so I know how it should tastes. I threw the sandwich it was expensive yet disgusting I think the good ratings are family and friends of the owner. Or people who don't know the real taste of good shawarma . I called him and told Mohamed I was disappointed. He started screaming . Very bad experience. Never going there again my advice don't get take out So if you are not pleased with the taste you can exchange.
I could not go back to complain in person cause I was late for an appointment.
Very very disappointed

Reviewed 17 March 2017

I am a big fan of hummus and this place does it right. Perfect consistency and flavor. They offer very quick service also

Reviewed 7 February 2017

Thanks to local friends we stopped to eat lunch at what was their family's favorite eatery.
Loved their hummus (beautifully presented), grilled zucchini, falafels and kefta kebab but the best surprise was the order of fries -- the fries come with hot peppers and onions. Quite unique and delicious!

Reviewed 11 December 2016

We ordered takeout from here and it was great and fast! They even chased my husband down the road when they realized something was missing from the bag. I think it took 2-3 blocks for the staff to catch up with him! All for a side of pickles! :-)
We ordered 3 entrees and a couple of sides. It was enough food for probably 4-5 people instead of the 3! We ordered several of the plates - I personally loved the kafta. A few sides - the grilled zucchini was great! And the mixed appetizer. We ended up saving this as a "lunch" snack for thanksgiving day. Perfect! We also asked for some extra pita and instead of just giving us an extra piece or two they gave us an entire bag!