“Amazing Sushi. Amazing Everything.”
Review of Zama

Zama
Reserve with OpenTable
Zama is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #204 of 4,611 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: City Center West
Cross street: Moravian
Reviewed 27 August 2017

I was lucky to visit this restaurant with 4 other people so we sampled a huge portion of the menu. I didn't realize how much I needed an amazing, delicious, fresh assortment of sushi dishes until I was here.

The service was fantastic. Our server was able to make sure that most of the 4 serving dishes had 5 servings so we could each taste one. The softshell shrimp and dumplings were fantastic. We probably tried about 8 different rolls and all were really really good. When I am looking for a good sushi restaurant I really only need two things (1) super fresh, high quality product and (2) an interesting variety of dishes different than I see on the typical Japanese restaurant menu. This place has both. One of my best sushi experiences. Strongly recommend.

Reviewed 24 August 2017

We had the most delectable meal with great service. Our dinner was absolute perfection from the appetizers to the main meal. The food was timed perfectly as it was prepared and delivered to our table, so we did not feel rushed and we had time to savor the different flavors. The waiter was very professional and he offered great suggestions. The menu is extensive. The decor is mostly wood which is perfect for a Japanese restaurant. My only question is -- When can I go again?

Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

The first time my boyfriend and I came we had the hamachi tataki, and that's what we have been ordering since--we started going about a year or so ago. The hamachi tataki is our favourite plate on the menu--extremely filling even with its three pieces. The waiter (a very lovely woman who we always have) seems to be knowledgeable about the menu and what is worth getting. We always enjoy treating ourselves with some good food!

Reviewed 20 July 2017

Came here with a group of friends for dinner. And the blackbelt (premium) combination sushi platter, and the seaweed salad. The portions were generous, and the quality of the fish was high. Friendly waitstaff, and tasty drinks. Would come here again!

Reviewed 13 July 2017

this is an excellent japanese sushi place the food was excellent the service was excellent and everything was uber tasty !!!