“Unexpected find”
Review of Rose Tattoo Cafe

Rose Tattoo Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Rose Tattoo Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #102 of 4,718 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 19th & Callowhill Streets
Reviewed 23 December 2016 via mobile

Chose this place because of it's proximity to the Franklin institute and the menu looked like something we would like.
My family(wife and four adult children) thought the atmosphere was very charming and quaint. The place was not busy and they had groups spread out for privacy. Very nice touch.
Our waiter was spot on. Very attentive and not obtrusive. All staff were friendly and inviting.
The food was exceptional. All the pastas dishes were very good to excellent. My son had a steak, average, bottom line, don't get a steak here. This is not a steak house. The jambalaya and the pasta with bolognese sauce was excellent. Highly recommend either. The scallops and mushroom ravioli was very good as well. We stated off with flat bread appetizer and fried calamari, both were very good. Every desert we had was very good to excellent as well. Very large portions which could be shared.
Parking was across the street, which was very convenient. Especially since we were out of town and parking can be an issue in the city.

1  Thank Terry Y

Reviewed 8 December 2016 via mobile

We looked for a good restaurant walking distance from the Barnes Foundation Museum and were lucky to find the Rose Tatoo Cafe. They make all their own pasta and the food was fresh as it gets. My husband had pasta with short rib and sausage bolagnese and I had a short rib and arugula flatbread; both were fantastic. The wait staff was excellent and ambiance quaint. You can't go wrong here.

1  Thank Gloria B
Reviewed 8 December 2016 via mobile

This is a great place for a great dinner and conversation.
A beautiful building, with a nice dining room. I personally prefer the tables near the bar.
Food is always good, be sure to listen to the specials.
This isn't one of the new trendy places where the sound level is so high you have to scream at your dinner companion.
This is a long term classic.
Try it; you'll like it.
Reasonable pricing for meals and drinks.

Reviewed 25 November 2016 via mobile

Very good Center City bistro with delicious hamburgers and lunch menu seems to be a popular spot for lunch. Food: 4/5 Service: 5/5 Friendly, helpful, and prompt. Decor: 4/5 A bit dark with darkly paneled wood walls and painted, antique tin ceiling, small clean rest rooms, cloth tablecloths and napkins. Value: 4/5 $95.90 for 4 adults including tip.

Reviewed 13 November 2016

We were excited to go out tonight to celebrate my husbands birthday. We got stuck at a small two top table upstairs. His view was the wall behind me. The waitress walked up to us, told us the specials as asked if we would like to order. I felt like I was at a dinner. After being rushed to order, our waitress delivered our dinner and walked away. She didn't ask if we needed anything else, nor did she come back to inquire. My husband was so annoyed it ruined our whole experience there. I have never been treated so poorly at any restaurant. This used to be our favorite place to celebrate different special occasions. It was his birthday dinner gift from me. Very disappointed. Won't be going back. Place has gone downhill.