“Great neighborhood cafe”

Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Chestnut Hill
Reviewed 15 January 2012

This is a quaint little restaurant, located away from the main hustle and bustle of Chestnut Hill.
I've been here for brunch, lunch and dinner. Although it is a tad bit overpriced, I think that the food here is very good. The chefs care about what is served and how it is served. The service is varied; although some are more on top of things than others, it does seem that no one is ever in a big rush. That's nice when you want to enjoy your meal, but could be a problem if you're in a hurry.
All of the food that I have tried here has been good. I usually order the apple and candied walnut salad for lunch. This is one of my favorites! The eggs benedict are good (but fairly basic) for brunch. The one evening that we came here, I had the steak noir. It was very good. Cafette is a BYOB, which is nice, but there is a corkage fee, which many of the comparable restaurants in the neighborhood do not charge.

Reviewed 21 November 2011

Excellent food in a local setting. I have been going to Cafette bringing family and friend since it opened many years ago. We have never been disappointed in the past and it keeps up its excellence in the present. I will continue to go for lunches and dinners in the future.

Reviewed 17 November 2011

Wow, what a winning combination on their new fall menu. Chef Tim Cunningham kicks it up a notch with this addictive appetizer. Then we moved onto crab stuffed sole and a full turkey dinner for hubby. This out of the way BYOB on Ardleigh St. in Chestnut HIll is a gem.

Reviewed 22 April 2011

I found Cafette through Trip Advisor and made a reservation for a luncheon there, wondering whether it would be a "hit" or a "miss". Definitely a "hit"! Cafette is a charming, colorful, clean little cafe situated in a residential block of Chestnut Hill. It has a lovely patio where you can sit outside on beautiful days, but also plenty of indoor tables. The service was attentive and pleasant. And the food was delicious - the portions weren't too heavy or too big like you find in many restaurants. I felt like like each ingredient was hand-picked for its dish. We were all impressed with the atmosphere, food, and service. Thanks, Cafette, for a lovely lunch experience!

Reviewed 12 December 2010

This was my first time visiting Cafette, and I was taken here for a business lunch. This certainly seems like a favorite among the locals in the area, and the restaurant was quite packed when we arrived. The restaurant itself is quite small, but this made for a very cozy and friendly atmosphere! I had the chicken salad sandwich which was VERY good. I also liked that they offered a nice selection of vegetarian options and salads. I didn't have time to stay for dessert, but from what I could see while in the restaurant, they offer a lot of homemade baked goods. The service from our waitress was also friendly which is a plus in my book! I would love to visit Cafette again to sample some of their other delights!