“Excellent food, nice surroundings, good service!”
Review of Cafette - CLOSED

Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Chestnut Hill
Reviewed 21 February 2012

Friends and I weren't able to get into another brunch spot in Chestnut Hill so we went to Cafette and they welcomed us right in! The building from the outside does not capture the charm of indoors (and it looks like outdoor patio seating in warmer weather!). The surroundings were airy and bright, cute tables and decorations. We were pleased they served organic eggs and nitrate free italian sausage as well as very delicious fair trade coffee! I had the bananas foster flapjacks, my friends had the peach cobbler flapjacks and a special omelette with gruyere, onions, mushrooms and other goodness inside. The pancakes were awesome--light and airy and more like crepes. They were delicious. Our table also shared a side of the Italian sausage and it was delicious. Everyone had a great meal, service was good and the prices were very reasonable for large portions. We will be back again for brunch and looked at their dinner menu which also looked delicious! Put Cafette on your weekend brunch list, you won't regret it!

Reviewed 15 January 2012

This is a quaint little restaurant, located away from the main hustle and bustle of Chestnut Hill.
I've been here for brunch, lunch and dinner. Although it is a tad bit overpriced, I think that the food here is very good. The chefs care about what is served and how it is served. The service is varied; although some are more on top of things than others, it does seem that no one is ever in a big rush. That's nice when you want to enjoy your meal, but could be a problem if you're in a hurry.
All of the food that I have tried here has been good. I usually order the apple and candied walnut salad for lunch. This is one of my favorites! The eggs benedict are good (but fairly basic) for brunch. The one evening that we came here, I had the steak noir. It was very good. Cafette is a BYOB, which is nice, but there is a corkage fee, which many of the comparable restaurants in the neighborhood do not charge.

Reviewed 21 November 2011

Excellent food in a local setting. I have been going to Cafette bringing family and friend since it opened many years ago. We have never been disappointed in the past and it keeps up its excellence in the present. I will continue to go for lunches and dinners in the future.

Reviewed 17 November 2011

Wow, what a winning combination on their new fall menu. Chef Tim Cunningham kicks it up a notch with this addictive appetizer. Then we moved onto crab stuffed sole and a full turkey dinner for hubby. This out of the way BYOB on Ardleigh St. in Chestnut HIll is a gem.

Reviewed 22 April 2011

I found Cafette through Trip Advisor and made a reservation for a luncheon there, wondering whether it would be a "hit" or a "miss". Definitely a "hit"! Cafette is a charming, colorful, clean little cafe situated in a residential block of Chestnut Hill. It has a lovely patio where you can sit outside on beautiful days, but also plenty of indoor tables. The service was attentive and pleasant. And the food was delicious - the portions weren't too heavy or too big like you find in many restaurants. I felt like like each ingredient was hand-picked for its dish. We were all impressed with the atmosphere, food, and service. Thanks, Cafette, for a lovely lunch experience!