“Same as all the others”
Review of Hard Rock Cafe

and up
Hard Rock Cafe Philadelphia
Ranked #7 of 253 Nightlife in Philadelphia
Reviewed 27 December 2011

Guess you have to be a real die hard Hard Rock Cafe fan. To me, it is the same as most of the others. Decent food, music much to loud to have a good conversation, but an interesting place. Very close to Philly Convention Center to grab a bit to eat while attending the flower show or other events.

All reviews
"philly"
in 14 reviews
"gifts"

Reviewed 28 November 2011

Stopped in on a Monday night at 8.. the place was empty.. Hostes was horrible, tried everything to get me to sit at the bar. I wanted something more comfortable. seeing how there were only two tables sat, that shouldn't be a problem. again she pressured me to sit at the bar. i said no, she then took me way out back past about 30 tables and found some small overflow table, unset, next to the kitchen door and said here you go. clearly sending a message she didn't want me to sit at a table. i went to the bar. should have complained to the mgr but didn't.
food was ok. girl running the bar was great. other than the crappy hostess it was ok.

Reviewed 29 June 2011

My husband and I both had burgers, I had the mushroom swiss and my husband had just a plain burger with cheddar. Both were really good. Our server was really nice, but took his sweet time taking our order and bringing drinks. Mojitos were very good, and my husband was pleased with the beer selection. They play good music and lots of memorabilia on the walls. We would go back to the Hard Rock.

Reviewed 23 July 2008

The food has gotten way better at the Cafes. The chicken fajitas are the best. We went on a Sat night and it was very busy. The restaurant was full. Of course there was tons of memorabilla to look at! The staff was friendly. They also have some cool new styles of t-shirts to buy!

1  Thank oftheseas
See more reviews
Reviewed 8 March 2006

I travelled to Philly in November with a group of students from my college in SC. About 15 of us went out to the Hard Rock on our first night in Philly for dinner. The restaurant finally found a place for all of us to sit. We all ate our food and had a good time. Then they slapped us with the bill. We're all broke college students and from the south (where everything is much cheaper than Philly. I insist!). Apparently, the staff added on a whopping gratuity charge that resulted in our bill being sky high. The bill was over $300, and none of us ordered expensive menu items, no one got appitizers, and many of us drank water! I wanted to buy a t-shirt or something from the cafe, but after being stuck with the bill, none of us had any money left that night to do anything with! Worst off, it was my idea to go to the Hard Rock, so I felt stuck with the blame for the entire trip =(. Fortunately, it didn't ruin our trip, and there are many great restaurants to eat at in Philly, this just isn't one of them. I recommend any of the food courts in the malls... we ate at several of them and the food was pretty good.

4  Thank ProudPatriot2007