“Fast and incredibly good”

Kamals Middle Eastern Specialities
Ranked #35 of 96 Quick Bites in Philadelphia
Reviewed 8 August 2018

We were starved after touring the historic district downtown and after wandering around the market, selected Kamals for lunch. I ordered a spinach and cheese pie and a mango smoothie. Both were excellent. The pie was crispy phyllo dough around a filling of wonderful spinach and feta cheese. My wife ordered a felafel platter and the felafel were crisp and not greasy, the tabouli perfectly fresh and the hummus very smooth and tasty. The man who waited on us could not have been nicer. Best middle eastern food we have had in quite a while.

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile

The food is very good; it is as good as food I had in Turkey. The smoothies are not to sweet and very fresh. They made too much and gave us a larger size for free. They also give a 10% discount for service members!! Great day spot or place to grab a quick bite.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 27 April 2018

I had a make-your-own juice with a few fruits and kale. Was well done to be healthy without sacrificing on taste. While I was waiting the server was tending to an unjustly unhappy customer and handled it very well without dropping service to other customers. well done

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 31 March 2018

I could eat Middle Eastern food all. day. long. This sandwich was PDG (pretty darn good) and really hit the spot. The falafel was perfectly done and had a wonderful taste accompanied with the topped salad and sauce. The pita bread was soft and delicious. I highly recommend this place for the falafel sandwich. The only reason I didn't give top rating was because of the baklava. It was full of nuts and the pastry was flaky, but it had a slippery and lubricious taste with no honey....is there any other kind of baklava? Perhaps there is a difference between Middle Eastern and Greek baklava; my taste buds prefer the sweeter one.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 9 March 2018

I had lunch here today at the Reading Terminal Market. I ordered the Moroccan Chicken platter for $11.48. It was generous, coming with salad, hummus, tabbouleh, rice, and pita bread. It was more than I could finish and overall pretty tasty. The only disappointment was that the chicken, while tender and juicy, was bland. I expected something with a little more heat.

Date of visit: March 2018